XM subscription renewal time again...any discount codes? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #91 of 501 Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I heard the muttered English speaking Sirius phone person say I can get the Lifetime deal "Fully transferable", his words, for $399. Also, the year I just renewed to go toward the $399, then $56somtin for five months after that.

I am totally confused on what to do here. I pay the $128 for the yearly deal, or pay the other deal for "lifetime".

I listen to Sirius in my home 90% of the time all day every day on a Stratus plugged into computer speakers, works perfect. I love my Sirius but don't want to get bent over either.

I read I can transfer to another radio upto three times @ $75 a pop. But my online listening would be "forever" is this correct?

Please help if ya can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 501 Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagfan View Post

I heard the muttered English speaking Sirius phone person say I can get the Lifetime deal "Fully transferable", his words, for $399. Also, the year I just renewed to go toward the $399, then $56somtin for five months after that.

I am totally confused on what to do here. I pay the $128 for the yearly deal, or pay the other deal for "lifetime".

I listen to Sirius in my home 90% of the time all day every day on a Stratus plugged into computer speakers, works perfect. I love my Sirius but don't want to get bent over either.

I read I can transfer to another radio upto three times @ $75 a pop. But my online listening would be "forever" is this correct?

Please help if ya can.

Read through this whole thread....' December 17th 2008: National Day to Cancel. '

Then make up your own mind to if YOU feel paying $400 for a Lifetime Account makes sense.
post #93 of 501 Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Sounds like it isn't a very good deal. Especially the $75 per transfer. That's $2 less than a full year of XM. I'm having trouble justifying even $77 per year since the music sound quality is so poor. I just don't think I can stand having a feature in my car not working so I keep renewing (third time at $77/year).

post #94 of 501 Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 PM

Hey guys,

I just wanted to mention my experience with the $77 rate and to pass along thanks to those who posted about it.

I just called XM to renew & lock-in the rate for my second radio. I couple of years ago I was getting a discounted rate. I think it was $99 but maybe it was $77, I really don't remember. I forgot to renew a few months ago and my account switched over to full price.

I called asking for my old rate of $99 a year. The rep searched her system and couldn't find that I previously had this discount. She kept insisting I'd have to pay full price. I asked about scaling back my service, we reviewed different packages, I kept asking about the reduced rate, I mentioned I wouldn't keep both radios etc. etc.

Finally I remember this forum, found the reference to the $77 package. I had to tell her "I know there is a $77 discounted rate. That's what I want. If you can't do it put me on with someone who can."

After putting me on hold she came back and gave me the discounted rate. $77 per radio for 12 months. As she was processing it she "found in her system" that I was previously given this discounted rate.

I was on the phone with her for 30 mins, but I did get the rate.

Regards,

Tom
post #95 of 501 Old 02-22-2009, 08:51 AM

Finally decided to retake the xm plunge after being away for a couple of years in my car.,
Asked for the Win Back rate of $77 and she provided with an activation charge of 14.95 so for 91 bucks got a year with no auto renewal,let's hope.
Still don't know how many channels but I think 125.
Thanks for the price tip AVS.
PS-she said I also have free internet for a year as well.
haven't tried yet but will report.
post #96 of 501 Old 02-24-2009, 01:33 PM

My subscription expires 3/3/09. I have called 2 different times asking for the$77 deal that I got last year. They said unless I got a letter with a promotional code for the $77 deal they can't give it to me again because I got it last year. They want $142.25 for an annual subscription. Is there a current promotional code out there that people are using to get their renewal at that annual rate?
post #97 of 501 Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsecpa View Post

My subscription expires 3/3/09. I have called 2 different times asking for the$77 deal that I got last year. They said unless I got a letter with a promotional code for the $77 deal they can't give it to me again because I got it last year. They want $142.25 for an annual subscription. Is there a current promotional code out there that people are using to get their renewal at that annual rate?

Tell the CSR that you want to terminate your service. They'll connect you to somebody else who will give you the $77 deal, but "for this year only." I'm on my 3rd for this year only.
post #98 of 501 Old 03-01-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckf1 View Post

Tell the CSR that you want to terminate your service. They'll connect you to somebody else who will give you the $77 deal, but "for this year only." I'm on my 3rd for this year only.

For anyone who has done this since the announcement that XMRO will no longer be free after 3/11/09, does the $77/year promotional/retention rate include XMRO?
post #99 of 501 Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlowenst View Post

For anyone who has done this since the announcement that XMRO will no longer be free after 3/11/09, does the $77/year promotional/retention rate include XMRO?

It should if you renew before 3/11/09. However, I would assume that if you called to cancel and they offered you $77/year to stay then you could probably say "only if XMRO is included as well".

post #100 of 501 Old 03-02-2009, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

You guys do what you want but there's THOUSANDS of free online music services out there.

IMO worrying about whether you get SXM Online is a waste of time. If it is included, fine. But if not there's a thousand of other places to listen for free.
post #101 of 501 Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Did anyone get the email with this weeks deals on it for XM? I got one for sirius products but Im looking for the XMP3 deal link...

Barry Bonds hit me 83 this year. Roethlisberger throw me 48 TD's the other year.
post #102 of 501 Old 03-03-2009, 03:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie845 View Post

You guys do what you want but there's THOUSANDS of free online music services out there.

IMO worrying about whether you get SXM Online is a waste of time. If it is included, fine. But if not there's a thousand of other places to listen for free.

not only thousands but also better-

Panasonic 65" plasma*

Denon 4520* 

PSB T45* PSB B15* PSB C60*

Dual PSA XS30* Dual PSA XS15se*

Squeezbox*

Niles ZR-6 6 Source, 6 room Audio Reciever*

post #103 of 501 Old 03-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Advanced Member

Do any of them not buffer, not have commercials, not have a repetitive playlist, not have poor sound quality, actually have a live dj, do any of them have special artist takeovers/concerts interviews....

Yes, I had a favorite internet free music site but the buffering, the occasional donation commercial and the inability to listen at work besides the overall quality of content at Sirius XM is much more professional.

And I was only able to actually find ONE internet radio station that I would be a repeat customer to, but the buffering and cut outs got too annoying...

Barry Bonds hit me 83 this year. Roethlisberger throw me 48 TD's the other year.
post #104 of 501 Old 03-05-2009, 04:32 PM

Got my renewal notice in the mail today. I only have 1 radio, in my car, and I called them and said I would have to cancel since the renewal was twice what I had paid this year.

Once you do that, they transfer you to the cancellation department. I told the woman I couldn't afford the renewal, so she offered me $20 off. I said no thanks.

Then she said how about the same $77 you paid this year? I said OK, but what happens if XM goes out of business, since I had to pay the $77 up front.

She said if I put a credit card on file with them, they take another month ($12.95) off.

So that's what I did. Figured it was worth the risk.

BTW, this is the standard rate ($77/year) they offer you if you call to cancel. I've done it twice and I've read on other boards people who have done it more years than that.
post #105 of 501 Old 09-18-2009, 05:48 PM

I called to cancel my subscription. It was going to renew at "prevailing rate". I was not interested in keeping the service at that rate. They transfered me to second department to process my cancellation and they offered to renew at half price. I decided I wanted to keep the service at the lower price. I see nothing wrong with that. I would have canceled if they had maintained the higher price. It was their call, not mine.
post #106 of 501 Old 10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I am now on my fourth year in a row at $77/year. The only difference is now I have to pay that damn music royalty fee and the online stream isn't included by default. I told the CSR that I use the online stream at least half the time I listen so she threw that in as part of the $77/year deal. I did notice that it isn't the premium feed, but the grandfathered in 32kbs feed. However, it includes the best of sirius channels online.

XM Radio + Online w/ Best of Sirius = $77/year + music fee

post #107 of 501 Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Hey all, I recently got Sirius in my old M3. For years I heard XM in my friends GM Truck and was never impressed with the sound. But couple months ago my car was in the shop for 3 weeks (rear-ended) and I had a Rental 2010 Mustang with Sirius and a good sound system (had the premium package and MS Sync) and it sounded great. (better then FM at least)

So I picked up a lightly used Starmate 4 (ebay) for under $40 shipped (from Canada) and direct wired it into my Alpine. Funny thing is, it's been working now for 2 weeks and nothing telling me I need to contact them to activate it (asked the original owner, he said he'd cancelled long time ago) but I figure sometime it's going to stop and I'll have to sign up. It works and sounds very good (I also have a direct wired in Zune 80Gb full of lossless concerts - I have a very nice sound system in the car) and am overall quite impressed with it on my long daily commute. (do wish it had traffic option)

When I have too, Can I as a new subscriber get the $77 deal?

Also, I always see this mentioned with XM? I assume its good with either since they are one and the same these days?

JET
post #108 of 501 Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 AM

Anyone gotten the 77$ price recently? I have to renew in a couple of weeks and am trying to find the best deal. I currently have the 77$ deal so was hoping to renew at that level.
post #109 of 501 Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganB View Post

Anyone gotten the 77$ price recently? I have to renew in a couple of weeks and am trying to find the best deal. I currently have the 77$ deal so was hoping to renew at that level.

I just posted a month ago stating that I received it. As a follow-up it looks as if they didn't even charge me the music royalty fee. My credit card statement shows a charge of $76 and some cents (prorated for the day still remaining on my prior sub).

post #110 of 501 Old 11-12-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

I just posted a month ago stating that I received it. As a follow-up it looks as if they didn't even charge me the music royalty fee. My credit card statement shows a charge of $76 and some cents (prorated for the day still remaining on my prior sub).

Cool thanks. I wasn't sure if you posted when you renewed or if you posted much later.
post #111 of 501 Old 11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganB View Post

Cool thanks. I wasn't sure if you posted when you renewed or if you posted much later.

I've received the $77 offer from XM twice in the last three weeks via snail mail.

~kyle
post #112 of 501 Old 12-02-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemitchell View Post

I've received the $77 offer from XM twice in the last three weeks via snail mail.

Thanks for the info. I called and basically said I wanted a cheaper price, when they said it was a one time promotion I indicated I could not afford more and would have to cancel. They gave me the $77 promotion plus about $11.50 in music royalties.
post #113 of 501 Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post

What your doing is dishonest! have a nice life.

I can't speak for anyone else but *I* am *very* price sensitive when it comes to satelitte radio.For me,somewhere around $77/yr is the *absolute* limit.If,by chance,any substantial portion of their (potential) customer base feels the same then the question is...can they continue the service with an average subscriber income of about $6/month.If they can,fine...if they can't then I doubt that I'll hang myself if they cease operations.I've lived 75% of my life without XM and if I have to live the remaining 25% without then so be it.
post #114 of 501 Old 12-08-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got the $77 renewal for 3rd time. It seems my account defaulted to 3 month subscription so I called and told them specifically that I don't want that, if I can renew at the same rate ($77) I would, if not cancel. Off he went to his manager, then voila, renewal approved. I honestly don't listen to XM enough to warrant a higher rate. I asked about paying for channels that I listen to and he said it would be substantially higher and require a different plan. I am on the XM everything plan.

All I want for Christmas is my two front seats
post #115 of 501 Old 12-22-2009, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Is the $77 rate for all radios or just the "extra" radios, with the first one at the full rate? I may have to add another radio and the nickels and dimes are starting to add up.

Thanks.
post #116 of 501 Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
The first radio is $77.

~kyle
post #117 of 501 Old 12-22-2009, 06:25 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hphase View Post

Is the $77 rate for all radios or just the "extra" radios, with the first one at the full rate? I may have to add another radio and the nickels and dimes are starting to add up.

Thanks.

My primary radio renewed on the 12th at $142.45 plus fees. My two family plan radios were set to renew in January at $98.89 plus (annual) and $32.97 plus (quarterly with BoXM). I called to stop the renewals. The lady offered to renew them at half price $53.94 plus. I let her do that. The renewals became effective today and I got credits for the month I had already paid. Then she offered to make my primary radio half price $77.70 plus so she credited almost all of the $142 and renewed at $77.70. Internet access stopped immediately; I wish I had mentioned it. We never mentioned Best of XM and it didn't go away on the one radio that had it because I kept forgetting to cancel the free trial.

So family plan radios also get half price, half of the $8.99.
post #118 of 501 Old 12-31-2009, 12:57 PM

They won't tell you about this when you call xm. You have to ask for it but today my trial ended and I got 5 months of continued xm service for $23.05 for 5 months. The lady said that I would automatically go on a quarterly program or I could call back on June 5, 2010 and get a new promotion. It comes out to $4.61 a month. Good luck
post #119 of 501 Old 01-11-2010, 05:41 PM

I have a new car with a 3 month trial period ending in Feb. I called and said I want to renew at the $77 /year fee, the operator called it the "half off yearly price" and did it no problem.
post #120 of 501 Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
EdQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion-man View Post

Just got the $77 renewal for 3rd time. It seems my account defaulted to 3 month subscription so I called and told them specifically that I don't want that, if I can renew at the same rate ($77) I would, if not cancel. Off he went to his manager, then voila, renewal approved. I honestly don't listen to XM enough to warrant a higher rate. I asked about paying for channels that I listen to and he said it would be substantially higher and require a different plan. I am on the XM everything plan.

I did the same thing. Told them to cancel since I can listen to Pandora on my Droid. Asked how they could keep me, told them to renew for $77 a year with Premium XM Online.

Of course I got it.

Mits DLP 62628 HDTV
Integra DTR 9.1 THX Ultra Receiver
HTPC with Blu-Ray
Polk RTi12
Polk CSi5
Polk FXi5
Polk RTi6
Energy MicroStar 12.1
Pics
DVD Collection

Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio