XM Subscription Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently purchased a new car that has an XM radio (have had Sirius for probably 4 years already) and looking to switch to XM (not all that excited, but an integrated radio is nice)... Is there a way to get a good deal ($77/year) from XM if I am looking for a 3 year subscription... I was thinking about calling them and telling them that I have been an Sirius subscriber for years and looking to switch, waive the activation fee and want $77/year for 3 years...

What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-04-2008, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 169
You won't get a $77/year 3 year subscription, but you can get $77/year each year. I'm on my second year of $77/year, but you have to call back each year to get the discounted rate since they won't renew you automatically for this deal. The CS rep even told me to call back next year to see what they can do for me.

XM wants you as a subscriber paying $77/year rather than not subscribing for $0/year. You should be able to get your activation fee waived as well. Since you said it was a new car I assume it has the trial going. There is no activation fee for subscribing during the trial period.

Just call and tell them you are interested in subscribing to the $77/year offer. Call back if you don't get it from the first rep.

post #3 of 8 Old 01-10-2008, 06:57 PM

I just read on another forum that the XM reps are not giving this rate to anyone who calls and requests it any more. This person called several times in order to get different reps and they all told him the same thing, that XM was tightening up on this $77 rate. He said he had to pay the regular yearly rate.

Let us know if anyone is successful or if you know a code. This guy said he didn't realize to mention the WINBACK77 code.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-14-2008, 01:26 PM

Liked: 11
I renewed when the 3 month trial ended in the new car around Christmas time and I mentioned "Zwinback" and renewed for $77 per year even though I am not that wild about XM radio. They did not give me a hard time at all.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

I agree XM is not as good as Sirius (was with them for 4 years)... but local radio is terrible.... Will try the zWinBack promotion... first need to figure out how to activate it and find the number for my radio...
post #6 of 8 Old 01-15-2008, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowspinzone View Post

He said he had to pay the regular yearly rate.

There's the problem. It is either the $77 deal or nothing. Maybe they are tightening up on offering the discount, but that just means that they loose or fail to gain a subscriber.

post #7 of 8 Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Yea XM rather give it to you for 77 dollars then lose you. I myself have been with them since 2004. I was about to quit them until they offered the $77. I was going to try Sirius. But from what I'm hearing it not going to matter because they are going to be one.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-16-2008, 04:57 PM

New to XM radio. I just called today to activate and told them that all my friends pay just $77/year why should I pay more and the person let me have the $77 offer as a new subscriber.
Reply XM and Sirius Satellite Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page