My manual says the following about divx:
File list will appear automatically.
It is recommended that files to be played back in this
unit are recorded under the following specifications:
Official DivX® Certified product
• Playable codec of AVI files : DivX®3.x, DivX®4.x,
• Maximum size of image : 720 x 480 @30 fps
720 x 576 @25 fps
• Sampling frequency of audio : 8 kHz - 48 kHz
• Audio type : MPEG1 audio layer 3(MP3),
MPEG1 audio layer 2,
Hint for the purchased or rental official DivX®
• When you purchased or rental a DivX® file through the
official site of DivX® video which is called DivX® Video-
On-Demand (VOD) services, a registration code is
required every time you get the new file from the DivX®
VOD services. Refer to “DivX® VOD” on page 92.
• Some DivX® VOD files are
restricted with the limited
playable times (you cannot
play them back beyond the
limit). If your DivX® VOD file
has such limit, the playback
confirmation screen will
Use [s / B] to select “Yes” if you want to play back the
file, or to select “No” if you do not wish to play it back.
Then, press [ENTER] to
confirm the selection.
• You cannot play back the
DivX® VOD files, of which
rental period has been
expired. In such case, press
[TOP MENU] and select other
files that can be played back.
DivX R VOD Rental
This rental has views left.
Do you want to use one
of your views now?
This rental is expired.
Please push ‘TOP MENU’.
Please select the media
to play back.
Audio & Picture
This player is not authorized to
play this video.
Please push 'TOP MENU'.
Note for DivX®
• DivX® is a codec (compression/decompression) that
can compress images to a very small amount of data.
The software can compress video data from almost
any devices to the size that can be sent on the Internet
without compromising visual quality of the images.
• A file with an extension of “.avi” and “.divx” is called an
DivX® file. All files with the “.avi” extension are
recognized as MPEG4.
• Files whose extension other than “.avi” and “.divx” will
not be listed on the DivX® menu. However, unplayable
folders and files may be displayed, depending on the
• Even if the file has an extension of either “.avi” and
“.divx”, this unit cannot play it back if it is recorded in
the format other than DivX®.
• A symbol of is shown on the top of the file name.
• A maximum of 255 folders or 999 files may be
recognized in a disc.
• Up to 8 hierarchies can be recognized in a folder. Files
in the 9th or deeper hierarchies cannot be played back.
• If there are more than 9 files, a down arrow “ ”
appears, indicating that the user can view another part
on the previous page. The current page number and
the number of total pages are shown on the bottom of
• Letters of a file/folder name overflowing the given
space will be displayed as “…”.
• You can play back the disc recorded in multi-session.
• It may take awhile for audio and images to be output
after you inserted a disc and pressed [PLAY B].
• When playing back the files recorded in high bit rates,
the images can be interrupted in some occasions.
• Although DivX® logo has been obtained for this unit, it
may not be able to play back some data, depending
on the characteristics, bit rates, or audio format
• A DivX® file whose file size exceeds 2 GB cannot be
• If a large-sized DivX® file is selected, it may take awhile
to start the playback (over 20 seconds sometimes).
• If you try to playback the DivX® file that has the screen
resolution which this unit does not support, the
playback will be stopped and error message will appear.
• If DivX® files written on a CD-RW/-R cannot be played
back, rewrite them on a DVD-RW/-R or DVD+RW/+R
and try to play back.
• For more information for
DivX®, please visithttp://www.divx.com
• If you insert a CD-RW/-R with
DivX® files that are mixed
with MP3/WMA/JPEG files,
the playback media selection
screen will be displayed.
Please select “Video” and proceed to next step.
• Press [MENU/LIST]to call up the playback media
selection screen in stop mode.
• If you select “Audio & Picture” instead of “Video” on
the playback media selection screen, this unit can play
back MP3/WMA/JPEG files.
• Some DivX® files cannot be played back on this unit due to the
configuration and characteristics
of the disc, or due to the
condition of recording and
• You cannot play back the
DivX® VOD files obtained
with different registration
codes on this unit. Press
[TOP MENU] and select other files that can be played
Note for DivX® subtitle
• To utilize this function, the following conditions must
– “DivX Subtitle” must be activated in “DivX” menu.
(Refer to “DivX Subtitle” on page 92.)
– Playback file and the subtitle file must have the same
– Playback file and the subtitle file must locate in the
– Only the subtitle files with the following extensions
are supported; .smi (.SMI), .srt (.SRT), .sub (.SUB) .ass
(.ASS), .ssa (.SSA), .txt (.TXT).
(.sub (.SUB) and .txt (.TXT) files may not be recognized.)
– The subtitles that exceeds the playback time of the
DivX® file will not be displayed.