Please help with LG DR-787T problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-14-2008, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope one of you folks can help me.

I cannot get the DR-787T to execute a timer recording. It always fails, saying the disk is write-protected. I can record on that same disk perfectly fine if I do the recording manually (i.e., push "record"), but it will NOT record from the timer. I have tried various brands of DVD-R and DVD-RW, and it's the same story with all of them: records fine manually, fails on timer recording.

I have tried to do what the instruction manual says (that is, turn off Disc Protect), but I cannot access that function because it is grayed out in the menu.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated; thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-19-2008, 02:17 PM

Liked: 11
Might be a bad unit. Call support. Mine is going back for repair for the third time. Recordings (timed or manual) are pixelated and pause during play back, the unit runs extremely hot (disks are really warm when ejected) and the tuner comes up with DTV signals at reduced strength about 50% of the time. I'm hoping the third time is the charm, but I don't have much faith in LG. Hopefully, you have better luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-19-2008, 05:33 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by plith View Post

Hope one of you folks can help me.

I cannot get the DR-787T to execute a timer recording. It always fails, saying the disk is write-protected. I can record on that same disk perfectly fine if I do the recording manually (i.e., push "record"), but it will NOT record from the timer. I have tried various brands of DVD-R and DVD-RW, and it's the same story with all of them: records fine manually, fails on timer recording.

I have tried to do what the instruction manual says (that is, turn off Disc Protect), but I cannot access that function because it is grayed out in the menu.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated; thanks.

Hi
I had these copy protected probs with this LG unit as well.
Wouldnt let me record nearly ANYTHING off cable except on a RAM disc.

There is (as per LG) a built in function to stop recordings of certain programs.

I returned it immediately. Nice with the tuner and all but.......

If the ATSC is not an issue with you--- Toshiba 440-- worked great for me for ALL recordings as well as it has Chase Playback and you can watch one/record another on a plain RW- disc.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page