Panasonic DMR-EH75V Dead HDMI out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-02-2008, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The HDMI output on my Panasonic DMR-EH75V has gone out. Anyone know if it can be replaced and, if so, how much it would cost??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

If the unit is out of warranty, you can get a flat fee $130 repair for your EH75V by sending the unit to the Elk Grove, IL factory service center. See this post http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post13590558 (note however the street name should be Touhy not Touhly). Read the entire thread for more details and experiences regarding out of warrant repair on the Panny DMR recorders. Oh, and by the way, did you confirm the issue was with the EH75's HDMI output and not the TV or Reciever's HDMI input jack? Just thought I'd ask.

The Future ain't what it used to be...
post #3 of 4 Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. At first, I thought it was the TV. But after hooking up a friends dvd player through the hdmi to the TV, it narrowed it down pretty quickly. The Panasonic still works through the component jacks.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-04-2008, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Not sure how handy you are with a soldering iron, or if this can even be done, but I've read that the HDMI connector is a very fragile connector and prone to cracked solder joints. If you felt handy maybe you could take off the cover and look for a cracked solder joint. My guess is the joints may be very small so you'd need a small tip on your iron. Otherwise personally I really don't realize that much better(if any) PQ using HDMI vs. component. So unless you really wanted the HDMI I'd be tempted to live with only component and no upconversion. That would be your call. Another thing to think about. More than likely your machine will need service within the next few years(for whatever reason). If you just waited until another issue came up you could then send you machine in for service and get both items fixed for the same $130 flat fee. From what I understand that cost covers all repairs made, even if you had 2 issues. Just another thought.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page