Originally Posted by Trucmuche
At least you got a reply from Jim 1599. He has not yet responded to my emails of last Tuesday and a friendly reminder of last Sunday...
I will call try to call the Warranty line tomorrow and see what they say.
* This morning I got a reply from Jim 1599, and no surprise, he sent me the same answer that he sent Wajo.
* So I called their support number, talked to Jenny.
* First thing to know for those of us who have opened a service desk ticket (SDT) online, the phone CSR Jenny does not recognize and cannot link to the the SDT number (ex of Wajo above = [29D-118EA361-0E5F] ) or pull up the email exchange I had with Jim 1599.
I had to describe my issue from scratch. Even though in this case it is not too long or complex to describe, it would have been nice if Funai's Call Management System can link the online ticket and the phone systems ...
* Make sure you also have the S/N handy (it is hidden on a white sticker under the DVDR).
* If I understood Jenny correctly, as my machine is less than 3 months old, Funai will pay for the Parts and Labor for this Warranty repair.
And also (if I heard correctly) they can pick it up, or I can drop it at one of their local Authorized Service Center :http://www.funai-corp.com/support/asc.aspx
I have not decided yet what to do, send it for repair right away, try to get more information from Funai before sending it, or return it to Walmart and buy a new one.
One can hope that the machine I bought (along with others early purchasers on the forum here) is part of a bad production batch (laser head, some mechanics defect linked to the timer ??, FW bug, although Funai said no, etc), and that the next machine is part of a new batch for which the defect was uncovered and corrected in their production lines