Magnavox H2160MW9 with 160GB HDD - Virtual Clone of Philips 3576H? - Page 99 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2941 of 3505 Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey thank you very much Wajo! I checked out the connection links you included, (thanks again) but what has me puzzled to say the least is the Motorola box not being able to send 16/9.

First let me say that is some very interesting ways of connecting. I play guitar and it reminds me of routing a preamp into another preamp to get the best benefits from both.

However, while I'm going Motorola DVR first- to 2160, it does seem to be keeping the 16/9 aspect ratio but it is further converting it again to 2.35/1. Having black bars top and bottom on my 16/9 TV. I have composites connected now but haven't tried S video, but from what you said shouldn't make any difference in aspect. From what I understand you are saying about connecting it though won't make any difference for the 16/9 HD recordings on my DVR that I'd like to burn to DVD. So really my question is why am I receiving a 16/9 being converted to 2.35/1. In other words the 2160 is horizontally stretching a 16/9. I am using the HDMI output on the 2160 and whether it's set to 480, 720, or 1080 makes no difference in aspect. I hope I don't have to divert to composite cables as I fear the pic quality will greatly diminish. Would component cables fix the problem? That I could probably live with...

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 3505 Old 01-20-2010, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axchisler View Post

However, while I'm going Motorola DVR first- to 2160, it does seem to be keeping the 16/9 aspect ratio but it is further converting it again to 2.35/1. Having black bars top and bottom on my 16/9 TV. I have composites connected now but haven't tried S video, but from what you said shouldn't make any difference in aspect.

I haven't had to deal with a setup where the preferred chain was the box 1st (cuz it makes the 2160 a slave to the box, can only record the channel the box is on), so maybe you have to set the 2160 for 4:3 LB or Pan & Scan. When I show jpeg pics on my 3575, I have to set the 3575's aspect to the OPPOSITE of what I want, i.e., 4:3 if I want the pics to show full 16:9.

Maybe you have to do something similar?

You could also try Component or HDMI out of the 2160 just to see if any diff. cuz the box has some intelligence in it to know that a signal out of the composite should be letterboxed, so maybe the RF/coax output also sends an "intelligent" signal of some sort that the 2160 is interpreting "wrong"?
post #2943 of 3505 Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

I haven't had to deal with a setup where the preferred chain was the box 1st (cuz it makes the 2160 a slave to the box, can only record the channel the box is on), so maybe you have to set the 2160 for 4:3 LB or Pan & Scan. When I show jpeg pics on my 3575, I have to set the 3575's aspect to the OPPOSITE of what I want, i.e., 4:3 if I want the pics to show full 16:9.

Maybe you have to do something similar?

You could also try Component or HDMI out of the 2160 just to see if any diff. cuz the box has some intelligence in it to know that a signal out of the composite should be letterboxed, so maybe the RF/coax output also sends an "intelligent" signal of some sort that the 2160 is interpreting "wrong"?

I have a motorola set top box and to get an undistorted picture out using the S-video or coax output of the STB, I need to set the video out of my 2160 to 4:3 and then set the aspect of my TV to "zoom". When I go back to using the tuner on my 2160, I set it back to 16:9 and use "FULL" on the TV.

BTW, I think I resolved the HDMI handshaking issues with all my devices. There was a fix in firmware for the Pan TV G10 series handshaking with Onkyo receivers. Installed the update, set devices for 1080p (to minimize any further negotiations) and it seems to be switching just fine now.

rkc
post #2944 of 3505 Old 01-20-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Since you're playing those DVDs to the same 16:9 TV with the 2160 and "something else," switch the output cable(s) from the 2160 to the "something else" and see how the DVDs play... don't change anything else (leave the other end of the cables in the same Tv input as now).

I swapped inputs and the problem persists.

I see that kenavs has mentioned something about setting the other player(s) to widescreen so that it stretches the image horizontally and restores the correct picture. I guess I'm not sure how to do that or even if the other players have such a setting. One of the players is my Xbox 360. I've also tried the disc on my computer and Toshiba SD-K741 and it's smushed there too.
post #2945 of 3505 Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowc View Post

I swapped inputs and the problem persists.

I see that kenavs has mentioned something about setting the other player(s) to widescreen so that it stretches the image horizontally and restores the correct picture. I guess I'm not sure how to do that or even if the other players have such a setting. One of the players is my Xbox 360. I've also tried the disc on my computer and Toshiba SD-K741 and it's smushed there too.

Sorry, I thought you had said that both players were set for 16:9 wide.

The 2160 is unique in that it's aspect setting is in the Video menu. However, other DVDRs and players might have their aspect settings in the "Playback" menu... those options might include 4:3, 16:9 and Pan&Scan.
post #2946 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I might need some recording help. I have this new unit getting the Comcast QAM signal. Sunday night I recorded the Golden Globes off of 4.1. I had no problems and everything looked really nice. Monday night I attempted to record Castle (ABC) off 7.1, but all I got was black - no signal came in even though I was getting 7.1 on the machine when I set it up. Last night I tried to record something off CBS (9.1) and again I just recorded a lack of signal. Before doing that last night I even had it do the auto channels again earlier in the day. Any idea as to what might be going on?
post #2947 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post

I might need some recording help. I have this new unit getting the Comcast QAM signal. Sunday night I recorded the Golden Globes off of 4.1. I had no problems and everything looked really nice. Monday night I attempted to record Castle (ABC) off 7.1, but all I got was black - no signal came in even though I was getting 7.1 on the machine when I set it up. Last night I tried to record something off CBS (9.1) and again I just recorded a lack of signal. Before doing that last night I even had it do the auto channels again earlier in the day. Any idea as to what might be going on?

If you have a digital-tunered HDTV, locate the main channel number for those that failed and make sure they're still on 7.X and 9.X... Comcast could have moved them, either to a new main channel number or to different (higher) subchannels of the same main number.

If they're still showing on the TV at 7.X and 9.X, try direct entering *all* the subchannel numbers for each, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, etc. until, hopefully, you can find them again.

This might reveal something for further troubleshooting?
post #2948 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If you have a digital-tunered HDTV, locate the main channel number for those that failed and make sure they're still on 7.X and 9.X... Comcast could have moved them, either to a new main channel number or to different (higher) subchannels of the same main number.

If they're still showing on the TV at 7.X and 9.X, try direct entering *all* the subchannel numbers for each, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, etc. until, hopefully, you can find them again.

I can see the channels when looking live - it just when I go timer record that they don't tune in. One thing, though, it that when I do go to the channel live, I see a quick flash of some other number and then it goes to what I put in. I guess it is all some weird interaction with Comcast. Maybe for some of those channels I just have to use the record button for the present time.
post #2949 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I can see the channels when looking live - it just when I go timer record that they don't tune in. One thing, though, it that when I do go to the channel live, I see a quick flash of some other number and then it goes to what I put in. I guess it is all some weird interaction with Comcast. Maybe for some of those channels I just have to use the record button for the present time.

Aha, yes, Comcast has done that to a couple of people here... might be another of their "hide-the-channel" games?

Someone figured out one of those channel "jumps" so people would be able to timer record by setting the "true" channel number.

You should be able to find the true channels with an All-or-Nothing (AON) Manual Channel Preset, as described here.

Even easier, it might be possible for you to SEE the 1st channel number the tuner goes to for 7.1 and 9.1, you could just enter that MAIN channel number in the Manual Channel Preset menu. If that allows you to see that 1st channel, test that number for timer recordings. (Channel numbers don't have to be in the CH+/- memory... that's just a convenience for "surfers"! )

EDIT: A couple of people found their problem Comcast digital channels ALSO had a mirrored ANALOG channel, and they were "interfering" with each other. See if you have the same situation?
post #2950 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:

I own a Panasonic EZ48 recorder and experienced similiar issue this week. I recorded the Jets Sunday game off the QAM digital CBS affiliate and later Human Target off the Fox digital channel. Then on Monday, when I went to record Castle too, the screen was black. I'd recorded Chuck earlier and didn't have a problem. Checked a couple of other QAM channels, I saw they were blank. I had to do a rescan, and it restored them. It's the 3rd or 4th time-I've lost count, where I've had to perform a rescan to recover MIA channels over the last few months.

Incidentally, I discovered the QAM digital duplicates of the basic analog tier have been relocated. More Comcast shenanigans.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #2951 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM

> when I do go to the channel live, I see a quick flash of
> some other number and then it goes to what I put in.

I take it this is the sequence:

- Press 7.1
- Flash of another number on screen
- Tunes 7.1
- 'Display' key shows 7.1

This suggests 7 is a corrupted virtualized channel in the PSIPs.

If you cannot find a duplicate to 7.1 on QAM (quite likely), you will have to record analog 7.

Comcast screws with network channels all the time e.g. in my area Comcast has virtualized some xxx.x broadcasting channels over to a network x.x, even though there are other channels on the xxx.x which are not network. Those xxx.x channels are not tunable at all by Funai and one TV, although they can be on the other TV.

TV manufacturers have been changing tuner designs every year trying to reverse engineer the crap that cablecos broadcast in PSIPs. The newer designs react to the cableco PSIPs according to the broadcasting standard, then recognize the corruption, and override the invalid fields of the PSIP to complete the tuning. If you are a Comcast user, it is a good idea to check the Comcast threads for your area whenever you have tuning problems.

Your TV may be able to tune 7.1 directly, depends on model and year of manufacture. The Funai tuners are several years old, so they act according to the broadcast standard, and have no recovery logic to recognize/ignore corrupted fields.

This kind of behavior on a Funai tuner has been reported previously on CH +/- tuning, but not direct entry that I can recall. If this is happening on a 2160A can you check the build information (date, revision numbers etc) and compare it to what is posted in the sticky? There have been other complaints about 2160As, so maybe Funai has modified the tuner.
post #2952 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Aha, yes, Comcast has done that to a couple of people here... might be another of their "hide-the-channel" games?

EDIT: A couple of people found their problem Comcast digital channels ALSO had a mirrored ANALOG channel, and they were "interfering" with each other. See if you have the same situation?

FOX hasn't been reprogrammed and is still at 132.1 and it has no problem getting that. 7.1 seems to sometimes first go to the analog version (7.31) and then I hit the up channel and get the digital one. NBC (4.1) seems to not be hidden at all. I guess I'll either have to pretune the channel keep the Magnavox on right before recording ABC or CBS or go through the All of Nothing Manual Channel Preset.
post #2953 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

FOX hasn't been reprogrammed and is still at 132.1 and it has no problem getting that. 7.1 seems to sometimes first go to the analog version (7.31) and then I hit the up channel and get the digital one. NBC (4.1) seems to not be hidden at all. I guess I'll either have to pretune the channel keep the Magnavox on right before recording ABC or CBS or go through the All of Nothing Manual Channel Preset.

You could try a test timer rec set for 7.31 and see if it records what you want?
post #2954 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You could try a test timer rec set for 7.31 and see if it records what you want?

7.31 records the analog ABC just fine, but I can get that via the cable box attached to my other machine. Getting the digital ABC is the puzzle.
post #2955 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

7.31 records the analog ABC just fine, but I can get that via the cable box attached to my other machine. Getting the digital ABC is the puzzle.

This could be very interesting or I'm misunderstanding?

Are you really saying you get analog ABC on 7.31, which to me is a digital-numbered channel/subchannel. Using which tuner?
post #2956 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Are you really saying you get analog ABC on 7.31, which to me is a digital-numbered channel/subchannel. Using which tuner?

It is the QAM digital duplicate of the analog ABC on 7.31 using the digital tuner. Similarly the CBS duplicate is on 9.32.
post #2957 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have similar issue where two different stations are coming in on the same number (22.1, for example). So, the recording workaround for timer is to tune into the correct version of the station number and then set the timer (which accepts that channel automatically). If I just punch in the number without tuning the station in before I set the timer recording, it sometimes records the other channel with the same number. But for something like ABC,are you sure it's not showing up higher up on the QAM lineup? For example, I get it at 7.31 digital, but also can tune it in at analog 27 and digital 118.1, plus just recently another set of mirrored local network stations have shown up above 120 (cant recall exactly - Im not near the tv). So I suggest you do another scan and try to find a different *unconflicted* place to set your ABC timer recordings.
post #2958 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwire View Post

But for something like ABC,are you sure it's not showing up higher up on the QAM lineup?

I found ABC at 123.1. If I punch 123.1 ABC appears and the channel number switches to 7.1. If I set the timer on 123.1 it works.
post #2959 of 3505 Old 01-21-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:

I found ABC at 123.1. If I punch 123.1 ABC appears and the channel number switches to 7.1. If I set the timer on 123.1 it works.

Comcast has virtualized 123 to be 7, and bolluxed the PSIPs because when it is done correctly the Funai can handle it.

Funai is Virtual-dominant, it locks to the Virtual rather than the Actual. If the PSIP is corrupted, Funai cannot lock.

TV tuners have become Actual-dominant because that's the way cablecos have chosen to manage their networks.

By selecting 123.1 you are finessing the Funai tuner to be Actual-dominant and it can tune 7.1.
post #2960 of 3505 Old 01-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

NBC at 122.1 virtualized to 4.1 does work properly for the most part. I can program 4.1 and it will get that.

Unfortunately, I couldn't yet find where Comcast is hiding CBS. At one time in the past I believe it was on 122.3. When I put 122.3 in, it just jumps straight to NBC at 4. Doing the up channel business it skips right over 122 and 123 since they've been virtualized over to 4 and 7 respectively. At an even earlier time they were at 117 and 118, but those are scrambled now.

In any case, by going through the whole process I did find a lot more digital channels than I thought I'd see - 3 CSPANs, Versus HD, FX, and more. Most of these I don't really care about but it is good to know. Of course, when Comcast "flips the switch" in April to remove all the analog channels, I believe they are supposed to start encrypting more digital channels so you need to use a box.
post #2961 of 3505 Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:

I know this is the Maggie thread but since the tuners are the same: On my original 3575, I have encountered the identical situation as you have in Bowie, here in Montgomery County.

The 'All or Nothing' procedure turned up that NBC 4.1 is being sent out by Comcast on 108.1 and being interpreted by our QAM tuner, which then switches it to 4.1. As a test, I set up a short recording for 4.1 and all I got was a black screen. I switched the channel to FOX News (82.8), set up another test recording on 108.1 this time, and then watched the screen as the timer recording started. The warning message came up that the channel would be changing, then the tuner switched first to 108.1 for a moment and then rerouted itself to 4.1. That's the "flash" that you see on the screen.

In order for a timer recording to work for 4.1, I have to set the timer for 108.1. Once it has recorded, the title list shows that it was recorded from 4.1. It's very weird but that's how it works. Here's where my local QAM digital channels are hidden:

NBC 4.1=108.1
ABC 7.1= 111.1
MNTV 20.1=38.1
FOX 5.1=37.1
CBS 9.1=?????????? I haven't found it yet, even with AON.
post #2962 of 3505 Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:

My analog ABC is on 7.31 as well. The digital is mirrored from 111.1 > 7.1.
post #2963 of 3505 Old 01-23-2010, 01:52 AM

> NBC at 122.1 virtualized to 4.1 does work properly for the
> most part. I can program 4.1 and it will get that.
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't yet find where Comcast is hiding CBS.
> At one time in the past I believe it was on 122.3. When I put
> 122.3 in, it just jumps straight to NBC at 4.

Which is why I wrote above that "Comcast has virtualized some xxx.x broadcasting channels over to a network x.x, even though there are other channels on the xxx.x which are not network. Those xxx.x channels are not tunable at all by Funai...."

Since 122. is virtualized to 7., 122.3 will never tune CBS, any 122.x will only tune a 4.x sub-channel if it exists. If NBC has three sub-channels in your area then 122.1/4.1, 122.2/4.2 aand 122.3/4.3 are matched pairs. Now, watch carefully....there are different tuner behaviors between watching and timed recording.

- If you are watching, and you punch in 122.5 then Funai selects 4.1
BUT
- If you set a timed recording to 122.5 you will get a black screen because Funai selects 4.5 and there is nothing at that address.

BTW, when you write "jumps straight to NBC at 4" do you really mean analog 4? If so, then are you reporting what happens on your recorder or your TV, because analog and digital are an either/or on Funai's hybrid tuner.

> My analog ABC is on 7.31...

Every analog channel has a digital doppelganger, sometimes even two.

> In any case, by going through the whole process I did find a lot more
> digital channels than I thought I'd see

That's doing things the hard way. If you have a DTA there is no way "Comcast is hiding CBS" because they gave you the tool that identifies all the QAM channels you can receive. The DTA's Virtual Channel Page identifies every station because that's how the STBs figure out what to display on screen. STBs don't use the PSIPs, which is why Comcast does not give a damn about corrupted PSIPs.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...count=12#Scan8
post #2964 of 3505 Old 01-24-2010, 06:45 AM

The normal procedure to dub from DVD to HDD, described in the manual doesn't work. The dubbing selection is greyed out. However the one-touch D.Dubbing method does work. I saw where boo99 had the same problem. Does anyone know if this is normal and can't be fixed?

The support person said they would repair it under warranty but after 90 days you pay for labor and it seems it has to be a software problem. So, I'm wondering why the support people would be unaware of a known software issue and what would happen if I took it in for repair.
post #2965 of 3505 Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambcra View Post

The normal procedure to dub from DVD to HDD, described in the manual doesn't work. The dubbing selection is greyed out. However the one-touch D.Dubbing method does work. I saw where boo99 had the same problem. Does anyone know if this is normal and can't be fixed?

The support person said they would repair it under warranty but after 90 days you pay for labor and it seems it has to be a software problem. So, I'm wondering why the support people would be unaware of a known software issue and what would happen if I took it in for repair.

No need for repair, that's normal op.

Here's the help file that describes the two DVD>HDD dub procedures... depending on whether the disc is Finalized or Unfinalized. Unfinalized discs can be dubbed using the Dub Menu, except no high-speed option for DVD>HDD.

Most DVDRs work in a similar way, except Pioneers that have a "Disc Backup" option that duplicates Finalized DVDs using high-speed dub (copy transferred to HDD is temporary only, can't be saved to the HDD).
post #2966 of 3505 Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 AM

Okay, thanks a lot wajo. That's a relief. Is there a logical reason why only unfinalized disks can be dubbed with the menu?

Thanks for the help file too. I've spent quite a bit of time to no avail trying to eliminate that empty title on DVDs.
post #2967 of 3505 Old 01-25-2010, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Okay, thanks a lot wajo. That's a relief. Is there a logical reason why only unfinalized disks can be dubbed with the menu?

I'm not sure, but it isn't just the 2160... many other DVDRs are the same (except for the Pioneer I mentioned before with its "Disc Backup" feature). Might be cuz the Finalized discs can't be read and "manipulated" like unfinalized discs... maybe the "closing" action of Finalizing changes the way the discs are read for copying?

Quote:

Thanks for the help file too. I've spent quite a bit of time to no avail trying to eliminate that empty title on DVDs.

The steps here don't work for you, or what?

Your discs have to unfinalized, and it doesn't work on RW discs cuz they just keep returning the deleted space to you, as they're designed to do.
post #2968 of 3505 Old 01-25-2010, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Reverse dubbing (DVD to HDD) has always been a random crapshoot on consumer recorders. Some lock out the feature entirely, some will only re-copy discs they created themselves, and only the old Toshiba XS was capable of digitally dubbing finalized discs.

Most, like the Magnavox, are limited to copying their own unfinalized discs. Unfinalized discs retain a live guide file of the units recording process, so the machine can easily reverse it and make a copy back to its HDD. Unfinalized discs are also recognized as proprietary to the machine, and thus "public domain", bypassing its copy-inhibit circuits. Once a disc is finalized, all the pointers and tidbits the recorder relies on for digital disc management are "disconnected", rendering the disc compatible with standard dvd players- but unrecognizable to the recorder as its own progeny. The Pioneers operate more-or-less the same as the Magnavox, by re-encoding from digital to analog back to digital in real time, except the Pios will also do this with finalized discs. The Magnavox is half the cost of a Pioneer, one of the minor features sacrificed to achieve this price point might have been the circuits necessary to re-encode finalized material from the DVD drive (in reality a seldom-used option, the quality drop caused by re-encoding combined with the annoying real-time task duration is hardly worth the effort for most users). The Pioneers can make lossless high-speed digital copies from disc to HDD if the source disc is DVD+R/W or DVD-RAM, because these are never finalized and use a slightly different file format than +-R or -R/W. The Magnavox has no DVD-RAM abilities but might be able to do the high-speed DVD+R/W-to-HDD trick- I haven't tried yet with my own H2160 but I'm sure wajo has covered this topic somewhere.

If you want to keep stuff on the Magnavox HDD as a "video jukebox", don't delete it in the first place after burning a DVD copy, or at least wait until you're sure before finalizing the DVD (so you can still copy it back). If you want to re-edit a DVD or dub a clip, forget using a standalone recorder: they are all optimized in favor of HDD-to-DVD mode. For DVD-to-HDD, look instead to the various various free tools on the PC that deal with "re-mixing" finalized DVDs or ripping clips: PCs are much more capable than the recorder itself for that kind of editing.
post #2969 of 3505 Old 01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitiBear View Post

Reverse dubbing (DVD to HDD) has always been a random crapshoot on consumer recorders.

With the Philips 3575/3576 and Magnavox 2080/2160 I found the DVD to HDD real-time dubs not to be the way to go. Most often what I wanted to dub was a short or interstitial that is a small portion of a longer recorded block--usually found on a Panasonic recorded and finalized disc.

The Philips and Magnavox DVD to HDD dub would require recording the entire two hour long block when all I wanted was a five to twenty minute portion of that block.

The solution was to connect a DVD player to a Philips or Magnavox input and record to the hard drive just the short portion I wanted.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #2970 of 3505 Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 PM

I have a Lite-On HDD DVDR which also allows you to copy DVD to HDD. If the disk format is VR then you can edit the content on the HDD. If you Dub the Title to another DVD-R then you must finalize it. If the disk format is Video (from a Pioneer) then the Title cannot be edited and if you copy it to a DVD-R it does not need to be finalized.
Closed Thread DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page