Panasonic Repairs? The ONLY place for warranty or out-of-warranty service! - Page 19 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #541 of 552 Old 01-22-2015, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickinct View Post
Did you recv PM
Got it, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 552 Old 02-22-2015, 09:22 AM

mickinct -

would you mind PMing me, I am looking to get my Panasonic DMR-E85H repaired, but I can't PM you because I am under 15 posts.

Thank you!
post #543 of 552 Old 02-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey187 View Post
mickinct -

would you mind PMing me, I am looking to get my Panasonic DMR-E85H repaired, but I can't PM you because I am under 15 posts.

Thank you!
Did you recv PM?

MickinCT
post #544 of 552 Old 02-26-2015, 01:04 PM

mickinct, I have two units that need repair (E69 has U61 message and E68 has a bad DVD drive). I also have less than 15 posts so I can't send you a PM. I live in CT myself so if feasible I could drop them off...thanks Tom.
post #545 of 552 Old 02-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
mickinct, I have two units that need repair (E69 has U61 message and E68 has a bad DVD drive). I also have less than 15 posts so I can't send you a PM. I live in CT myself so if feasible I could drop them off...thanks Tom.
PM sent get it??

MickinCT

Last edited by mickinct; 02-26-2015 at 02:40 PM.
post #546 of 552 Old 03-02-2015, 08:58 PM

Liked: 0
Been reading for months and have received great information! Thanks to all for helping me understand more than I thought possible. According to everyone on this site, mickinct is the go-to person for Panasonic repairs. I hope he can help me. I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ475V and I'm pretty sure the laser is burned out. I've had this unit since 2007 and I still love it. I'm new and will not be allowed to pm mickinct, so if anyone can let him know I need help I would really appreciate it!
post #547 of 552 Old 03-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA1976 View Post
Been reading for months and have received great information! Thanks to all for helping me understand more than I thought possible. According to everyone on this site, mickinct is the go-to person for Panasonic repairs. I hope he can help me. I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ475V and I'm pretty sure the laser is burned out. I've had this unit since 2007 and I still love it. I'm new and will not be allowed to pm mickinct, so if anyone can let him know I need help I would really appreciate it!
PM sent thanks

MickinCT
post #548 of 552 Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 PM

MickinCT - I've just gotten the dreaded U99 error on my Panny DMR-E85H that I've used and loved for over a decade. I'm new here as well so I can't send you a PM. Please help!
post #549 of 552 Old 03-19-2015, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRed View Post
MickinCT - I've just gotten the dreaded U99 error on my Panny DMR-E85H that I've used and loved for over a decade. I'm new here as well so I can't send you a PM. Please help!
PM sent thanks

MickinCT
post #550 of 552 Old 03-29-2015, 07:13 AM

Thanks to all who posted information regarding repair options to Panasonic DVD recorders. A newbie, this is my second post.

I came across this site in my research about DVD recorders. I just joined the forum in order to get in touch with MickinCT to see if it's worthwhile to repair my non-functioning Panasonic DMR-ES20, a 2005 model which, based on what I've read, is showing those same signs and symptoms which others have reported, namely, the disk tray won't open (no disc is stuck in it); I get the self-check set of zeroes going on perpetually without putting the machine in a startup mode; or the clock flashes, but the machine won't go into a functional mode.

Since I am unskilled repairing such units myself, I need to rely on an expert to tell me if the unit is salvageable, or if the motherboard has become totally defective over time, rendering the recorder unusable. I don't have any interest in buying a new unit, but, if this Panasonic can be rescued, then I'd certainly like to explore that option. These DVD recorders are great machines, not only for recording broadcasts, but also for archiving VHS tapes, most of which I have not yet converted to discs

I appreciate the recommendations that MickiinCT is the guy to do the job, so I would like to get in touch with him to see if the unit can be repaired, as well as at what cost.
post #551 of 552 Old 03-29-2015, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerboy View Post
thanks to all who posted information regarding repair options to panasonic dvd recorders. A newbie, this is my second post.

I came across this site in my research about dvd recorders. I just joined the forum in order to get in touch with mickinct to see if it's worthwhile to repair my non-functioning panasonic dmr-es20, a 2005 model which, based on what i've read, is showing those same signs and symptoms which others have reported, namely, the disk tray won't open (no disc is stuck in it); i get the self-check set of zeroes going on perpetually without putting the machine in a startup mode; or the clock flashes, but the machine won't go into a functional mode.

Since i am unskilled repairing such units myself, i need to rely on an expert to tell me if the unit is salvageable, or if the motherboard has become totally defective over time, rendering the recorder unusable. I don't have any interest in buying a new unit, but, if this panasonic can be rescued, then i'd certainly like to explore that option. These dvd recorders are great machines, not only for recording broadcasts, but also for archiving vhs tapes, most of which i have not yet converted to discs

i appreciate the recommendations that mickiinct is the guy to do the job, so i would like to get in touch with him to see if the unit can be repaired, as well as at what cost.
pm sent

MickinCT
post #552 of 552 Old Today, 10:32 AM

Another shout-out to the fabulous work of mickinct for repairing my Panasonic VCR-DVD recorder. I didn't believe it was possible until I found this forum. Sent it off to Mike and I'm so appreciative of the recommendations on this site, as well as his great repair of my unit. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)