Hopefull news for Toshiba D-VR650 owners... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-20-2008, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It appears that Toshiba is putting out a firmware upgrade since there were many complaints about recording OTA [and QAM] digital channels since it would'nt record any such programs... [and even sometimes it would'nt record analog programming]...
Today I received a letter form Toshiba's Customer Resolution Centre informing owners of a fimware update for this recorder that should solve the issue for OTA programming... Don't know if this will solve it for QAM tuning, but hopefully it will! ...
I called the 1-800-631-3811 number and gave them serial #'s/purchase date & location and the customer service rep told me I should receive the firmware CD in about a week... Once I upgrade the firmware I'll kepp y'all updated on how it went

Funny thing is I gave this away and received it back from an aunt because it was too difficult to use... and it is: very slow to respond to RC commands but it records OK thru AV inputs [to a cable box] and no copy restrictions there I'm using it as a spare DVD player in the bedroom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well finally got the disc... took them over a month to send it and it arrived while I was on vacation... threw it in and updated the firmware and finally viola! now one can record onto DVD&vhs from a ATSC/and QAM siganls....
I guess Toshiba was receiving to many complaints from their owners, including myself ...
at least it'll get some life again... and I hope the firmware update also solved many of its other quircky features....
post #3 of 4 Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have this same model, thank you for your post. I will contact toshiba and hopefully they will provide the firmware update for me. The recorder just collects dust since I couldn't use it to record digital channels.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello
Coprock

I tried contacting toshiba to get the firmware update and they were not able to help me. By chance, do u still have the cd for the firmware update and if it is not too much effort, could you upload to a file upload site the iso image? It would be highly appreciated.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page