Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-16-2008, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
http://www.easyvhstodvd.com/

This will be coming out soon. Rather than buy a dvd recorder and add more bulk to my setup id rather get something like this. The description says it will record movies, tv shows etc from VHS to DVD. But I wonder because you cant even do that with regular vhs to dvd recorders because of copyright laws.

I want this mainly to record movies and documentaries i have on VHS. I just want some opinions to see if i should preorder this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Roxio capture hardware, composite video - stereo audio to USB 2.0, may remove any copy protection information. I can't find any mention of copy protection limits in the Roxio descriptions. I have used this type of equipment to copy VHS-C camcorder tapes with good results. The source was 8mm and super8 film reels recorded by the camcorder from movie screen .

If it isn't 720p or 1080i/p it isn't HD. If it is 720p or 1080i/p it may not be HD content.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-03-2009, 04:44 AM

Ran across this type of transfer method while researching my soon to start VHS to DVD project. None of them get very good reviews, especially when it came to finished image quality. Wonder if this Roxio will be any better? Also, this topic didn't got very little responce on this forum. If your computer has a DVD burner, you sure can't beat the price. There are similar kits at Amazon from lesser known brands selling for a 1/3 of this Roxio kit, maybe the key is the software.
ttwomotor
post #4 of 5 Old 01-04-2009, 09:49 AM

I'm looking into the same product. I have Vista 64-bit and most converters are not compatible. If you decide to go this route I'd be curious if it works for you.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

If you want to do this via PC you'll need a video capture card. If you don't already have one they can be expensive. (Almost the same price as a DVD recorder with HDD).
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page