Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
In another forum a poster wrote:

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES35VS player recorder. When I insert a VHS tape it makes a sound like zzzzzp and ejects it. Previously I was having trouble with ejecting a tape and kept pressing the eject button when I realized there was no tape in there. Could I have damaged the eject button by pressing on it so many times? Since it is a computer I thought if I disconnected it for a day it would go back to when I first got it, but when I plugged it in again it had the time blinking and all I had to do was reset the time. Is there a way I can reprogram this so that the eject button will stop ejecting the tapes immediately. Please help = Thank you.

I am attaching three photos illustrating possible eject problems with a Panasonic DMR-ES35V. The views are typical of other models of similar design.

The first photo shows the VHS "EJECT" button stuck "in" against the front panel housing. If this is your situation the button mechanism is holding the left front panel circuit board "eject" mini-switch in the "eject" position. With some manipulation the button may be loosened up, correcting the problem.

The second photo is a rear view of the front panel. The pencil indicates the button mechanism area and the area where the "eject" portion of the left front panel circuit board should be. That portion of the circuit board was broken off when the previous owner too vigorously pressed the EJECT button.

The third photo is a front view of the left front panel circuit board. The pencil at the left points to the break in the circuit board; the pencil at the top points to the eject mini-switch. Some may notice that the power mini-switch has been removed from the lower left portion of the circuit board. That mini-switch now resides in another of my DMR-ES35V models.

If a mini-switch no longer clicks it has failed. Mini-switch replacement is an easy repair.

If the left front panel circuit board "eject" portion has broken off replacement/repair is necessary.

With a combo recorder whenever the front panel is removed be sure to hold the VHS door open when fitting the front panel back to the case. This will correctly align the VHS door lifting mechanism.
LL
LL
LL

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page