Hooking up a Toshiba RD-XS34 DVD Recorder To a Comcast Cable Box..... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-22-2009, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All (or Anyone Who Can Help Me):

I just gotten cable for the first time ever last week, and for once, I am happy and intrigued with every and all option cable has to offer.

Since then, I have hooked (or attempted to hook up) my 2005 Toshiba RD-XS34 HDD/DVD Recorder. How it is hooked up in my system is as follows:

(01). The DVD Recorder (which it will be referred to from here on out) outputs are connected from the Component Video Outputs Jacks of the recorder to the Component Video Inputs of my Panasonic CT-27SF37 Television.

(02). The "Video Outputs" of the Cable Box are connected to the "Video Inputs" of the DVD Recorder.

(03). The R/F Outputs of my Cable Box (I am with Comcast, if that makes any difference) are connected to the "Spliter/Antenna" inputs of my Panasonic TV.

And lastly, I have lucked up and found my "G Link" Cable/Transmitter that came with my Toshiba Recorder and hooked it up to my recorder yesterday.

Now...... HERE'S the problem I am having.

My Toshiba Recorder has a "TV Guide" capability built into it. My Comcast Cable Box has TWO TV Guide Channels I can use. When I am trying to set-up up my DVD Recorder to communicate fully with my Cable Box, every time I bring up the setup screen from my recorder after it has found the brand name of my cable box, it instructs me "SET THE CABLE BOX TO CHANNEL 2" and then "PRESS ENTER". The problem is, when I am trying to get my cable box to go to "Channel 2" (either by scrolling the Up/Down button on the cable box remote, or by directly punching in "02" on the numeric key pad), the cable box goes from "Channel 1-to-Channel-6", skipping over Channels 2, 3, 4 and 5 altogether, and I need my cable box to stop at Channel 2, so that my recorder can download the TV Guide, which is critical for setting the clock on the recorder.

I called Comcast about the problem last night, and it is nothing they can do.

Is there anyone else who has a Toshiba RD-XS34 that has suffered through a problem that is similar to mine??? And if so, how did you get it resolved???

Is this something I need to contact Toshiba about????

Any answers or replies will be highly appreciated.

Thank You

--Charles--

Samsung PN42C450; Xfinity X1; Pioneer BDP-51FD; Harman/Kardon AVR-3600; Sennheiser HD-600; Panamax MR4000
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page