Just bought a copiall DPX-7000 and not working correctly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-06-2010, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just got it in the mail and read the directions and plug it in and i tried to record a movie on HBO and my sony DVD recording is say INF WRITE again which is the only reason i bought this think. I have it wired from the cable box to the input of the DPX-7000 then wires go out the output into the input of the dvd recorder.
What should i do??
I dont have it wired with a S-cable if that makes a difference.
I have Time warner cable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

i just finished talking to someone at sony and they are saying i should try recording with a DVD-R and not the DVD+R...i think its a complete guess really but i'll try it tomorrow
post #3 of 8 Old 01-06-2010, 05:13 PM

I don't know exactly what Sony error codes translate to, but it sounds like your cable provider (Time Warner) is actively using CGMS-A copy protection. Typically premium channels like HBO and Showtime, if CGMS-A is enabled, will limit you to recording Copy Once content to either a HDD, DVD-RAM or DVD+R, or not at all (Copy Never). Please see this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1008164

for more information. But if it is enabled, and you're insistant about recording the program, you'll need to by a device that will remove CGMS-A or allow you to set your own flags (e.g. Copy Freely).
post #4 of 8 Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by i86time View Post

I don't know exactly what Sony error codes translate to, but it sounds like your cable provider (Time Warner) is actively using CGMS-A copy protection... But if it is enabled, and you're insistant about recording the program, you'll need to by a device that will remove CGMS-A or allow you to set your own flags (e.g. Copy Freely).

Um, that is what the DPX-7000 is, a device that removes CP from a video stream.

Sony's are notorious for sensitivity to CP, so be aware of that. From your description, it sounds like you have it connected properly. I don't have a manual for the device, but from the pictures, there are three adjustments that can be done.

Make sure the NTSC/PAL switch is in the correct position.

The SELECT button I would guess is to select composite or S-Video as the input/output video line. If this were set wrong, you might get the effect you are seeing.

The MODE button I have no idea about. You probably need to try it to see what works. I suspect one mode is "passthrough" which means it is not applying any changes to the video stream, which might account for it not working properly.

There are some posts about the DPX-7000 on this forum, so I recommend you do a search. The search function is your firend! (Or at least, CAN be your friend...)

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #5 of 8 Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
So you are going composite out on your STB into the 7000 then out to input 1 on your DVD recorder? I have a 7000 and it works great. Has to be something in the way you are setting it up. You will figure it out I'm sure.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 AM

I know what he problem is. You have your DVD recorder set to channel 3. When it is set to channel 3, the signal will bypass the Copiall! You must set the DVD recorder to record from the input jacks where you have the cables plugged into. It is usually called, AV1, AV2, LINE, AUX or INPUT (check the label on the DVD recorder or your manual). You can change to those settings by using the INPUT or SOURCE buton on you DVD recorder remote control. Once you make this simple change, the Copiall will work perfectly...whether it is a Sony or not. Good Luck!
post #7 of 8 Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 PM

1. You can use light indication on your video stabilizer to see if video is passing by.
Take a look here for details:
http://www.xdimax.com/grex_faq/faq_details.html#blink
2. If video is passing by you can try to connect it directly to TV to check video output is OK.

3. If 1 & 2 pass the video is definitely goes into recorder. So now all you have to do is to select the right input source as sad in previous thread.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM

It's been two years since you sent this post.

I have the same unit. My friend installed it. It didn't work--until he removed the audio cable from the 7000. Works perfectly--
on ALL channels!
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page