PANASONIC DVD Recorders - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am an electronic engineer and worked for 15 years in PASS(Panasonic Authorised Service centre)in India.
I get maximum sets (DMR) for software issues like no booting,or held up in "self check"," HELLO". or "Please wait.... "mode. Although I have got service Manuals for all Models,The DVD RAM drive and the digital circuit board schematic is not included in most of the service manuals.Some RAM drive service manuals are in seperate volumes.But no information on Digital PCB.Several times by loading firmware on Flash Memory can solve those problems (If The power supply and the capacitors are ok).
Now my question is ,there is a six pin connector header present on all the digital boards.It is ment for firmare updating and you need a software called Shakanabi software.With this software you can update or repair firmware.Unfortunatly it is removed from panasonic web site.Anybody having this software?
Any other procedure available to update/repaire firmware if set remains in "Please wait" or "self check" or "HELLO"
Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
There is a Panasonic DVD Recorder Technical Guide on the web, which describes the software starting at page 39. However, interface hardware is required with the software.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #3 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post

There is a Panasonic DVD Recorder Technical Guide on the web, which describes the software starting at page 39. However, interface hardware is required with the software.

Is there a similar Technical Guide that may be downloaded for more recent ES, EH and EZ series models?

There is also a substantial need to make available Panasonic DVD Drive (RAM Drive) manuals covering tear down, laser assembly and other parts swapping and reassembly/realignment procedures for the several Panasonic RAM Drive model groups. The main Panasonic RAM Drive groups include the black plastic-cased drives (with and without the metal sub-lids), the drives mounted in surround structures and the more recent metal-cased drives (with and without on-board controller boards).

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #4 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks tomwil and Digado,
My problem is the procedure given in this Technical guide is successfull only when the player accepts CD . If the sets hangs in booting process,this procedure doesnot work.Also the page which was available for downloading is also removed from PASS web site. The interface hardware is also discontinued by Panasonic.
Still I can programm the flash memory by removing Flash IC from Digital PCB and after putting new firmware,the set starts working, It will be very convinient if the IC is programmed in circuit(Called ICSP...In Circuit System Programming)
The Digital PCB is a multilayer board and while removing the flash IC,sometimes the PCB gets dammage,
I have few RAM drive service manuals and a few Training Manuals and technical guides, I will upload it if needed to any friend...
Thanks
post #5 of 10 Old 01-19-2010, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi, TAMMU -

Any service manuals, training manuals and technical guides you have that you could upload for us would be greatly appreciated.

If you could give us a list of what you have, we could specify what manuals would be the most important to us.

Thanks!

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #6 of 10 Old 01-20-2010, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

List Of Service Manuals which I have
DMR-E53 DMR-E55DMR-E60 DMR-E65 DMR-E85 DMR-E100 DMR-EH55 DMR-EH58 DMR-EH60 DMR-EH65 DMR-EH67 DMR-EH75 DMR-ES10 DMR-ES-15 DMR-ES18
RAM Drive Service Manuals

VXY-1641 VXY-1748 VXY-1789 VXY-1794 VXY-1813 VXY-1814 VXY-1839 VXY1855 VXY-1916 VXY1960
DMR-E85 Explanation
DVD recorder Basics
DVD RAM basic Technology(DMR-E30 detais)
DVD recorder with HDD Technical Guide.
Also please let me know how to upload on this site
Thanks a lot
ETC..
post #7 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 AM

Just wondering if anyone has uploaded any of the service manuals listed for the DVD-Ram and others listed in post from TAMMU or DigaDo. Can link to post of these be listed? Thanks in advance..
post #8 of 10 Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM

Hi

I found this thread because I intensely seeking the service manual for Panasonic DVD/HDD Recorder DMR-EH58, new firmware, Shakanabi software and wiring diagram of required interface to firmware update in this device. I wrote private message to TAMMU but unfortunately no reaction from him. I am an electronic engineer too and I'am trying to fix DMR-EH58. Please can someone help me?
Thank you.
post #9 of 10 Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svab View Post

I intensely seeking the service manual for Panasonic DVD/HDD Recorder DMR-EH58 ...

This service manual download might help.

post #10 of 10 Old 11-06-2012, 01:07 AM

Thank you very, very much Tomwil! The link is exactly what I was looking for. Please can you write something about firmware update in this device? Do you know where to download it etc.?
Thank you again.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page