Mangavox H2160MW9 Stuck on SAP (Spanish Audio) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey somehow my Magnavox DVR got stuck on SAP (Spanish Audio), and it won't change back to English (Stereo). Even though the listed Audio options are 2/2 spanish, I can't get it back to 1/2 english. I tried to go to Info and select the audio option and it won't allow me to change. I set up under General Settings for Stereo, and English and Original language. To no avail the system is still tunning to SAP (Spanish Audio). Any known fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Might be the "Original" language selection? Change that to English?

If that fixes it, the program or disc must have Spanish as the "Original" language???

If not, go into Setup > Channel > TV Audio Select and select Stereo?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 5 Old 01-24-2010, 12:49 PM

Liked: 12
Look for a "Friends" mode switch. I'm just kidding. There was an episode of the TV show Friends where the TV was stuck in Spanish audio and they couldn't figure out how to change it. Very funny on the show but I know it probably wouldn't be funny if it happened to me... and sorry, I can't offer any contructive advice towards resolving your dilemma.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 PM

Is it possible that the TV is set for SAP?
post #5 of 5 Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 AM

Some remotes have MTS button on them. Hit that twice to toggle though audio services. I know the current digital Samsung TVs have MTS (yes, same labeling as old NTSC stereo MTS it would seem, like SAP, even though SAP no longer exists in digital TV) button and also Curtis brand. For some reason with the Curtis TV on local FOX station had to set the audio over to Spanish to get English program audio again. Even though Samsung said both audio sources were English. ENG1/2 and ENG 2/2.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page