panasonic dmr-es30v - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi,what are to two most common capacitors to go wrong in this model,i read it somewhere,but cant find it.It has no power-diagram also would be good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEDASH View Post

hi,what are to two most common capacitors to go wrong in this model,i read it somewhere,but cant find it.It has no power-diagram also would be good

The capacitors in our family's four DMR-ES30V models are in fine condition after heavy use. One of my DMR-ES30V models has accumulated more than 4,400 recording hours and my other ES30 has accumulated around 3,000 recording hours. My daughter has not maintained recording logs for her two ES30 models nor has the laser use time for her ES30 models been accessed.

The problematic capacitors are usually the largest single or (in some models like the DMR-ES30V) the largest dual electrolytic capacitors in the power supply. The first photo shows the power supply platform with the cover in place. The two largest electrolytic capacitors are seen toward the right in the second photo.

See this thread for more information:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055111
LL
LL

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #3 of 4 Old 04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I have (3) ES-30v DVDRs which have been basically plugged in since '05 and other than all of them having a rather dim display, they're all still chugging along. One is used probably 3-4 times a week, one 3-4 times a month and the other only 3 or 4 times/year. Luckily I also haven't had any capacitor problems although I do know people do.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It is rare to have the ES30V capacitors go out. It usually is the next newest models (ES15 and ES35V) that have the capacitor problems.

Here is a thread where someone replaced a capacitor in an ES30V.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page