Panasonic DMR-E80H Service/Exchange?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2010, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,
I can only be directed to Panasonic Texas Facility to Service my DMR-E80H. I know that these machines are very good, from year 2003 or so....Mine is in a Locked Up State.....and my Brother has the same Unit, but his troubles are more with his DVD Drive.....I know that Panasonic in Illinois was doing a Flat Rate Exchange/Repair with 1 year warranty for Flat Fee of $130.00. This is no longer being done, I called and they direct me to Texas Panasonic. But I have read that the Texas facility only will exchange the Unit, with a newer, Lesser quality Unit, and I dont know the Fees.

There was mention of a Guy on Ebay, offering the same Services that Panasonic Illinois was offering, replacing the HDD, the DVD Drive, and 2 other things, for Flat Fee of $140.00......Does anyone know of this guy??? Or is anyone is fixing the DMR-E80H Series of DVD recorders?? I need mine serviced, and so does my brother. With mine in a Lock Up state, I dont know if there is a way to Reset, or Update the Firmware....I dont know how to do that. I appreciate any help, or if anyone knows of a Good Service Person, to work on/Fix these Machines. Thank You, Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayr0683 View Post

Hello All,
I can only be directed to Panasonic Texas Facility to Service my DMR-E80H. I know that these machines are very good, from year 2003 or so....Mine is in a Locked Up State.....and my Brother has the same Unit, but his troubles are more with his DVD Drive.....I know that Panasonic in Illinois was doing a Flat Rate Exchange/Repair with 1 year warranty for Flat Fee of $130.00. This is no longer being done, I called and they direct me to Texas Panasonic. But I have read that the Texas facility only will exchange the Unit, with a newer, Lesser quality Unit, and I dont know the Fees.

There was mention of a Guy on Ebay, offering the same Services that Panasonic Illinois was offering, replacing the HDD, the DVD Drive, and 2 other things, for Flat Fee of $140.00......Does anyone know of this guy??? Or is anyone is fixing the DMR-E80H Series of DVD recorders?? I need mine serviced, and so does my brother. With mine in a Lock Up state, I dont know if there is a way to Reset, or Update the Firmware....I dont know how to do that. I appreciate any help, or if anyone knows of a Good Service Person, to work on/Fix these Machines. Thank You, Ray

Resident poster Digado posted the following information a few days ago..
Quote:

He told me that the "new policy" directs Panasonic recorder owners to McAllen Texas for exchange or repair. The "new policy" is that Elgin is for referrals from retail dealers--those selling Panasonic recorders--not products submitted by individual Panasonic owners. He told me that Elgin has continued to accept owner-submitted repair work until McAllen "gets up to speed."

The full post can be found here, with follow-up comments...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post19297131
You can send it to Elgin without calling in first, and hopefully, they'll repair it. Just make sure you include a letter detailing what the problem is, and implicit instructions to not send it to McAllen if they can't fix it.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #3 of 3 Old 10-12-2010, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayr0683 View Post

There was mention of a Guy on Ebay, offering the same Services that Panasonic Illinois was offering, replacing the HDD, the DVD Drive, and 2 other things, for Flat Fee of $140.00......Does anyone know of this guy???

That guy on eBay, american_flying, only seems to be repairing DMR-Ex5H machines with capacitor problems. For any other problems, you have to describe the problem, and he will determine if he can fix it. Parts availability would be a factor here. This is not a replacement for the flat-rate repair offered by Panasonic.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page