Open-Box Panasonic EH59 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-23-2012, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The last time I posted information like this, the device was sold within an hour of my post, but what the heck, here goes.

J&R has an open-box EH59 available. It has been on the site for quote a while now. The link is here.

By the way, none of the referb machine show up as products on the J&R site any longer. Both the 513 and 515 hav ebeen listed for a very long time, so I was surprised to see neither of them listed today. I suspect (hope) it is merely a temporary condition.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-26-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

No takers yet. I *AM* surprised. It's about $80 less than the cost of a new machine.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #3 of 8 Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 49
It's probably sitting there because J&R is so paranoid about someone buying it and returning it again that they are now "misleading" potential buyers into thinking it won't work in USA. The first line of the product description emphatically states "Designed For PAL" and the remainder offers no indication whatsoever that the machine also operates perfectly fine in NTSC mode. J&R probably got fed up with clueless buyers returning it because it doesn't have a USA tuner and it isn't immediately obvious how to work it in NTSC mode via line inputs. These never were an "easy sell" for the dealers.

Also, J&R has not regularly carried the Panasonic imports for quite some time now: everyone who's interested long since shifted to B&H to buy them. So this lone unit popping up randomly at J&R is not getting the usual attention. I do note they have restocked on new EH-69s, so you may see "open box" EH-69s pop up soon.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not only have had they both the EH59s and EH69s on and off in the recent past, they have been occasionally putting an EH59 for sale on EBAY. Last two times they didn't sell.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-26-2012, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post

...they have been occasionally putting an EH59 for sale on EBAY...

THAT I was certainly unaware of. [strong German accent] Very Interesting.

Luke

post #6 of 8 Old 01-31-2012, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, the J&R web site no longer lists any Panasonic DVD recorders with HDD, not new OR used, so that deal is now gone. (B&H still has the EH59 and EH69 listed as in stock.) Interestingly, I see today that J&R again have some referb 515s for $200. I wonder how many, or how long they'll last knowing that they might be the end of the line.

Luke

post #7 of 8 Old 01-31-2012, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
just placed my order for 1,of 515's sales said they have 2 dozen. of the magnavox 515.

MickinCT
post #8 of 8 Old 02-02-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mike, it's a good thing you took advantage of the offer with you did. The JR web site now shows them out of stock, and the DMR EH59 are also out of stock. Those referbed 515s were gone very quickly.

Luke

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page