Options for Recording After DVDR's Are Gone - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 156 Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 131

The vast majority of people here are in the U.S. and have no direct experience with SCART.

Hopefully, someone will come along to help, but you might have to wait a little while?

Maybe post this question as a new thread in the DVD Recorders forum, with a very clear title like "Any Experience with SCART > HDMI Conversion?" or such to grab the interest of someone who has used SCART and maybe converted it to other connection types?

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 Old 09-11-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselrat View Post

I have a question related to using a converter with the SCART connections for input & output.

Can the "SCART" connectors/adapters to RGB or S-video/composite be used to get around the slightly raised black level(+7.5 IRE)????
Unfortunately not, SCART is 0 IRE and unless the converters convert that 0 IRE to +7.5 IRE(which they wouldn't since they are meant for the international market) you'd still end up with the IRE mismatch frown.gif
post #153 of 156 Old 09-11-2013, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Unfortunately not, SCART is 0 IRE and unless the converters convert that 0 IRE to +7.5 IRE(which they wouldn't since they are meant for the international market) you'd still end up with the IRE mismatch.

I assumed that the SCART connector was merely another avenue into the same circuitry, so it would not help the black level problem, and it appears that jjeff has confirmed my suspicion. Sorry.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #154 of 156 Old 09-15-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well just because I want to say my HD HomeRun prime is still happily capturing all my favorite shows and I edit down with video redo and watch them when I want. I even figured out the batch conversion it can do so I can add a bunch of captures at once and let it edit out the commercials automatically for me on all the of them. Later I open and double check then batch convert again to the appropriate folder for each show.
I did have to reconfigure my WMC and Prime after WMC and the cable co figured out I'd moved and was no longer at my old zip code and service area, that took a bit but got sorted OK in the end and everything is happy again:cool: Now I just need a bunch more big drives to handle all my stuff...rolleyes.gif
post #155 of 156 Old 05-08-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks Wajo for keeping this up to date. 

post #156 of 156 Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List