Panasonic DMR parts families - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The first thing that goes on the Panasonic DMR recorders is the dvd drive stops recognizing blank media (the dreaded "U11" error). The DMR-E30 and the DMR-HS2 used the same model dvd drive, and I have successfully transplanted them. I just recently successfully transplanted an HS2 drive into an E80H as well. I was wondering if anybody knew what _other_ panny models are compatible with these three, parts-wise. For example, if I pick an E55 for parts, could I transplant it's dvd drive into an HS2 ? Are there any other models compatible with the ones I have mentioned. Or ... are there other "families" of models that are compatible with one another (even if not compatible with the E30/E60/HS2/E80H family) ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhartman View Post

The first thing that goes on the Panasonic DMR recorders is the dvd drive stops recognizing blank media (the dreaded "U11" error). The DMR-E30 and the DMR-HS2 used the same model dvd drive, and I have successfully transplanted them. I just recently successfully transplanted an HS2 drive into an E80H as well. I was wondering if anybody knew what _other_ panny models are compatible with these three, parts-wise. For example, if I pick an E55 for parts, could I transplant it's dvd drive into an HS2 ? Are there any other models compatible with the ones I have mentioned. Or ... are there other "families" of models that are compatible with one another (even if not compatible with the E30/E60/HS2/E80H family) ?

Panasonic later model (2005-2011) DVD Drive compatibility and some related matters are addressed in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1082922

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #3 of 5 Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhartman View Post

The DMR-E30 and the DMR-HS2 used the same model dvd drive, and I have successfully transplanted them. I just recently successfully transplanted an HS2 drive into an E80H as well.

That is very interesting!

The thread for Panasonic DVD compatibility is located here.

According to the Panasonic service manuals, the DMR-E50, DMR-E60, and the DMR-E80H share the same drive. However, the manuals show the DMR-E30 and DMR-HS2 uses a different drive.

If the DMR-E30 drive can be used in the DMR-E80H, that is good news indeed. It opens up new possibilities on finding less expensive scrap recorders to repair the hard drive models.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #4 of 5 Old 01-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The dmr-e30 and hs2 use a pc based dvd burner, ie sw-9573 family. or the LF-D521 line . The panasonic Dmr-e20 uses the LF-D311, which I have plenty of these burners for replacements, when used with the right firmware, they work perfectly, also the DMR-E10 the first dvd recorder,list price 3500.00 ouch, I have 3 of these use the LF-D211 drive, which in the manual states the do not read dvd-r, do actually play perfectly.

MickinCT
post #5 of 5 Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, that matches the info I got from the parts dept. when I was inquiring about repairs. well ... the e30/hs2/ and 1040? 3040? some 4-digit model share the same drive. but the e60 and the e30 I am pretty sure had the same drive as well. The e80h however was a different drive ... but it worked anyway (the internal boards look very much like the hs2, so I though I had a good chance of compatibility). I did swap the control boards on the bottoms of the drives, now that I think of it, because one of the connections was not quite right for a straight swap between the two units. That part would be pretty important to remember, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post

That is very interesting!

The thread for Panasonic DVD compatibility is located here.

According to the Panasonic service manuals, the DMR-E50, DMR-E60, and the DMR-E80H share the same drive. However, the manuals show the DMR-E30 and DMR-HS2 uses a different drive.

If the DMR-E30 drive can be used in the DMR-E80H, that is good news indeed. It opens up new possibilities on finding less expensive scrap recorders to repair the hard drive models.

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page