Is it possible to completely remove the menu? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Magnavox 2160A. When I dub DTD is it possible to completely eliminate the menu so the DVD just starts playing the movie when inserted in a player? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
No option for that. The best you can do is use a +R disc, insert on tray but don't close tray, press PLAY on remote. That'll draw tray in and start playing "immediately." (with no menu).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Wajo! I'd sort of suspected that but just wanted to check with the experts

I had a Samsung DVD R-130 that would record without a menu, but that unit's dead now, and probably just as well....it was very finicky about what it recorded, and lots of times it wouldn't finalize.

Really happy with the Magnavox 2160A....just updated to; first 727H, and then Super 727V firmware...all seems well so far I really appreciate all the help on this forum! Thanks!
post #4 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Thank you for posting on how you did your FW update... progressively, whcih I think is a good (safe) idea. Only downside is exposing the machine to two chances to mess things up!

|
|
|
post #5 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argalby View Post

I had a Samsung DVD R-130 that would record without a menu, but that unit's dead now, and probably just as well....it was very finicky about what it recorded, and lots of times it wouldn't finalize.

I know your pain.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by profhat View Post

I know your pain.

Yes! And I called Samsung....parts are no longer available.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Thank you for posting on how you did your FW update... progressively, whcih I think is a good (safe) idea. Only downside is exposing the machine to two chances to mess things up!

Glad to help out. Yes changing FW is a scary procedure. However that new 727V Super FW is great! Now I can title my timer recordings ahead of time...very slick!
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page