Lg Lrm519 dvr hdd - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-01-2012, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good morning all. I have a question on using a LG LRM519 to backup VCR recordings. The 519 has inputs that can be hooked up to a cable box or satellite box. I was able to trick it inti accepting the s-video from my VCR by setting it up for a connection to a local cable provider so it would receive the VCR video and audio output. When I play a tape it displays on the tv. I can record it to the HDD and play it back without a problem. It lables the recording as whatever it thinks it tuned in by the cable box. That is not an issue because when I transfer the recordings to a PC I will edit the titles before I burn to DVD or to my Seagate external HDD. My questions does anyone on here know how to set the 519 up to record for a specific length of time? The way it is now I have to babysit it so I can stop it at the end of the tape play or it will keep on recording when the tape stops. I quit using the LRM519 when TV went digital as it only has an analog tuner. I decided to see it I could use it to archive my tapes to disc or my hard drive before they become unplayable. Any help anyone? The only reason I am using it instead of my Mag 515 is because it will transfer to a PC through a network connection.
Thanks
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page