Mag 515 to Motorola rng150N - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Suggestions for hookup. I just bought a Mag 515 and want to hook it up to a Motorola rng150N that is currently connected via HDMI to my HDTV. I understand the Motorola does NOT employ the 16:9 WS broadcast flag and a converter would be needed. Even though the rng150n has component outputs, I've been told it will not simultaneously output both at the same time (HDMI & component). Is does have composite A/V outputs. Hers is what I'm trying to do:
Record HDTV channels in 16:9 using the Mag 515 as a slave to the STB. Which of the converters mentioned in Wajo's 1st post should I use between the Mag 515 and Motorola, and will the converter also remove the copy flag on premium
HD channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 80
No real easy to do what you want. Probably the easiest way(if you are OK forgoing HDMI and use component) would be a 1 in 2 out component distribution amp. I believe they start ~$50. One side would go to your TV, the other to your component-to-S-video converter. Component would still carry HD to your TV and if you wanted 5.1 you would need to use optical(or coax).
Another option is to use a 1 in 2 out HDMI amp. One side would go to your TV and the other to a HDMI-to-S-video converter.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks jjeff for your reply. Is this an example of the 2-in-1 HDMI dist. amp. you are referring to? http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Distribut.../dp/B004CHZOXK
post #4 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Yes that one will work or any of these from Monoprice, a forum sponsor who is very good to deal with.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...01&cp_id=10113
Monoprice sells a inexpensive component to S-video converter but I don't think they sell a HDMI to S-video converter. I bought my HDMI to S-video converter from Amazon and I think Wajo has a link to it in his sticky thread.
Actually it looks like MP now sells that type of converter(but it's currently out of stock) here's a link, it's the second item on the list.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/se...verter&x=0&y=0
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page