Toshiba RD-XS24SB - HDD & DVD Recorder - Issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have seen some other threads on RD-XS models, so hoping someone maybe may be able to help me out with this...

I picked up one of these for free, faulty though, but figured it might make a nice project. Unit originally showed no sign of life, is also missing it's hard drive and remote, I don't know any of it's history.

I did a bit of investigation on the SMPS board, and found the output diode feeding the 12V to the jack board was bad, so pulled it, and the unit is beginning to show signs of life.

When power is applied, the clock flashes "0:00". When the power button is pressed, the hard drive (an 80GB I had spare) spins up, and the display eventually shows "E7061". During this time, I see a Toshiba splash screen, then the TV screen displays static, with the channel name and number displayed. Using a universal remote set up for a Toshiba DVD PVR and pressing buttons, I get "DR-1" displayed on the unit. I get no response on the TV display (no menus or any such OSD).

Initially, I was getting only composite output, but by feeding 12V from the hard drive power connector to the jack board connection, SCART output now works.

Just wondering if anyone with any knowledge of this unit, or similar vintage Toshiba units, that might be able to provide some help. The error code I've seen elsewhere might relate to hard drive (or maybe DVD drive) issues. I don't have any larger PATA HDDs to test ATM; I understand the original was probably a 160GB. The one I put in I have it set to master, but I did try the other jumper positions as well, but it made no difference. HDD was NTFS, but I loaded it in XP and made the disk unallocated, but no change there either.

Any thoughts or pointers would be very welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That's a massive XS thread,take your time through it, you might find the answer.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page