LG HR550 DVD recorder blue ray player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i lust got LG HR550 DVD recorder + blue ray player and i want to know if i can record my ps3 gameplay with it, i try to connect it but i fail please someone help because i am desperate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Is that model available in the US?

I don't see any video inputs listed at the LG website. How are you connecting the PS3 to the recorder?
Old 02-11-2012, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

it is 2010 model i think, HR550 3d/blue ray player dvd recorder with HDD.i connect the yellow/white/red cables from ps3 to the recorders video/audio out and then i connect recorder with the tv with a scart cable but i dont see ps3's screen anywhere like its nothing connected with the recorder.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 59
Other than the RF in, USB, and ethernet, I don't see any inputs on this thing. I don't think it will record anything other than over the air, USB, network, and from discs inserted to it.

I think it's just a Blu-ray player with an OTA DVR installed, not a real line-in DVD recorder.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by barton88 View Post

it is 2010 model i think, HR550 3d/blue ray player dvd recorder with HDD.i connect the yellow/white/red cables from ps3 to the recorders video/audio out and then i connect recorder with the tv with a scart cable but i dont see ps3's screen anywhere like its nothing connected with the recorder.

Normally, unless you have a very freaky TV with odd connectors, you would have to feed the source to the recorder, not to the TV, in order for the recorder to...well...record. The the recorder would forward the picture and sound to the TV.

The way you describe hooking up the cables, you're doing it all backwards even if it were possible. You hooked the PS3s outputs to the recorder's outputs. Not good. You're getting two sets of A/V signals slamming into each other. Might not want to do that again if you value your equipment.

If your PS3 has RF outputs, or you can use its A/V outputs to feed an RF converter, you might then be able to feed the RF signal into your recorder, but picture quality would suffer a bit. Any conversion to RF will do that.

EDIT:
I found a couple half decent pictures on the internet, and from the looks of things the only input on the recorder is the antenna input. Sorry.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

oh i knew it...can anyone of you guys tell me a good and simple way to record gameplay from my ps3 in HD?
thank you very much for the advise anyway.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 98
The only way I can think of would be a PC and Hauppauge 1212 recorder, this is assuming your PS3 has HD component outputs.
http://hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html