Panasonic DMR-EZ48V - Firmware PLEASE! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 25 Old 02-12-2012, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

Can someone, anyone please help me get a firmware file for the Panasonic DMR-EZ48V model.

I hadn't used my machine for a few months, hardly used anyway, and when I plugged it back in, all it does it eject the tray and requests a firmware disc!! The message "LD FVD" appears on the display. How poor a product is this if it loses the firmware for no reason whatsoever!?

After contacting Panasonic Australia repeatedly, all they offered was the generic spiel - send it in for repair. No attempt to analyse or ask questions either. Frankly, I don't intend to spend another cent on this auto-faulting box and would in all honesty rather throw it in the bin.

I have looked around for the firmware and found other Pana site that DO offer firmware for their variations of this model, but Aus don't/won't. More searching found a few dead links that at least briefly gave me false hope though ;(.

Really Panasonic, ALL I'M ASKING FOR is a ~5MB firmware file to burn to revive the thing. I have nothing to lose, and neither do you.

I'm looking for the AUS firmware for PAL/NTSC functionality, though UK firmware should be close enough assuming the machine allows foreign model firmware to run. I'm willing to try anyway.

Can someone, anyone please, please, please please help me find this firmware file? Any help would be greatly appreciated! (email me at panafirmware@gmail.com if you wish)

Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Welcome to the Forum.

The Panasonic Australia Support website reports that there are no firmware updates available.

You mentioned "UK firmware should be close enough" but it might also turn your recorder into a doorstop. If that happens you might want to save it for it's parts.

To quote Dirty Harry, "Are you feeling lucky... well, are you?"

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #3 of 25 Old 02-12-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

^ Thanks for the reply.

As stated, I'm aware Aus Pana don't have anything (or are willing to help supply one), nor the UK site for that matter. I'm just looking for someone who might have ANY firmware for this model.

All I'm after is firmware the repair places would have to use for example. Not expecting an "update". Old or new doesn't matter.

And yes, if I had the UK firmware I'd try it. It's a doorstop now anyway so nothing to lose.
post #4 of 25 Old 02-13-2012, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus1 View Post

As stated, I'm aware Aus Pana don't have anything (or are willing to help supply one), nor the UK site for that matter. I'm just looking for someone who might have ANY firmware for this model.

I have a copy of the US version firmware. I doubt it would work but if you want to try it send me your e-mail address in a PM.
post #5 of 25 Old 02-13-2012, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

^ Thanks for the offer Ken.F.

If it's the DMR-EZ48VK firmware from the US site, then I probably have that one. But feel free to send it to the email address in the original post anyway. I may have to try it eventually, though even if it works I likely won't be able to use PAL videos/discs with it.
post #6 of 25 Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

^ Thanks for the offer Ken.F.

If it's the DMR-EZ48VK firmware from the US site, then I probably have that one. But feel free to send it to the email address in the original post anyway. I may have to try it eventually, though even if it works I likely won't be able to use PAL videos/discs with it.

Email sent.
post #7 of 25 Old 02-13-2012, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

^ Email received. Thanks.

I'm still hoping someone out there has AUS firmware.
post #8 of 25 Old 02-14-2012, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

...I'm still hoping someone out there has AUS firmware.

You can be assured that SOMEONE has it. Why they are not letting anyone have it is another story. What value is it by itself? Makes no sense to me at all. Here's hoping that you can fix your machine.

I wonder if it's possible to make a copy of the firmware from a working machine?

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #9 of 25 Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

^ There's no reason they can't offer it. Firmware that wipes itself out for no reason is bad enough, but not offering a simple firmware download to fix it is just stupid. Other countries offer pana firmware to fix faults, why is this any different. It's all so frustrating when they won't even attempt to help.

All I can do now is wait to see if someone can/will help.

I did came across info on a pana repair centre diagnostic site that repairers have access to and saw a link regarding firmware for this AUS model, but I obviously don't have an account and couldn't access the info, but it WAS listed. Hopefully some pana repairman will see this and help, but that too is wishful thinking.
post #10 of 25 Old 02-15-2012, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I did came across info on a pana repair centre diagnostic site that repairers have access to and saw a link regarding firmware for this AUS model, but I obviously don't have an account and couldn't access the info, but it WAS listed. Hopefully some pana repairman will see this and help, but that too is wishful thinking.

Have you contacted a local authorized Panasonic repair center about getting the firmware for you?
post #11 of 25 Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

Have you contacted a local authorized Panasonic repair center about getting the firmware for you?

Yeah. Sadly, same response - bring it in for service. Really!?

The quest continues ...
post #12 of 25 Old 02-16-2012, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Can someone, anyone please help me get a firmware file for the Panasonic DMR-EZ48V model.

What is the EXACT whole model number of your recorder?

There is firmware out there for the DMR-EZ48K, S, V, VK, VP, and VS. Are any of those Australian?

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #13 of 25 Old 02-16-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

^ As stated, the model is clearly the DMR-EZ48V. Specifically the Australian version.

If it's out there, I don't see it. And it doesn't see me or is hiding from me. ;(
post #14 of 25 Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

^ As stated, the model is clearly the DMR-EZ48V. Specifically the Australian version.

In doing a Google search, check here. It contains the firmware for the above mentioned models, and instructions.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #15 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post

In doing a Google search, check here. It contains the firmware for the above mentioned models, and instructions.

Thanks tomwil, good try but that's the exact same firmware the US site offers, which means a different version of the DMR-EZ48V (and variants) than the Australian version. Even a UK version would be different BUT it would be closer to what I need because it would support PAL and NTSC video.

No guarantee that anything other than the aussie version would work anyway, so I'm still looking for the real deal ...
post #16 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

According to this thread, you need:

Quote:

File name VB-307.zip, inside is a file called PANA_DVD.FRM and the fix is for
EZ48VGN.txt
Firmware_History
Category: DVD Recorder
For Europe,Oceania & Asia models
MODEL: DMR-EZ48VGN
Firm name: VB-307 (Main 3040VB) (Drive S120) (ST 1.05) (Loader 0.15)
Firm history: 1.Software change for changing DDR2 memory on main PCB.

I could not find that file on the net, other than here, which may be a free download after signing up.

You may be able to ask the OP of that thread for the file.

post #17 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 90
^^^that's a odd link......after I click on it it briefly opens up another tab(in FF) but then the tab immediately closes
I wonder if AdBlockPlus doesn't like it for some reason? I also have popups blocked but that doesn't normally stop me from clicking on links....
post #18 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

......after I click on it it briefly opens up another tab(in FF) but then the tab immediately closes
I wonder if AdBlockPlus doesn't like it for some reason? I also have popups blocked but that doesn't normally stop me from clicking on links....

I also have Firefox and AdBlockPlus. If you hold shift while clicking the link it will open in another FF browser.
post #19 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Well that allowed the link to open but I lost my BACK option IOW I had to relaunch AVS from scratch and couldn't just use the BACK button to get back to this post What does holding down the shift key do to allow the link to open? Thanks for the tip though to allow it to open, like I said before I've never really seen this.
Edit: I disabled ADP and then I could just click on the link, obvious something ADP doesn't like about the linked site.
post #20 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Just Close the page opened with Shift key. It's separate from this forum (or whatever you linked from).
post #21 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Just Close the page opened with Shift key. It's separate from this forum (or whatever you linked from).

Your right, I didn't notice it actually opened up another copy of FF, the previous copy was just as I left it. Thanks!
post #22 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post

According to this thread, you need:

I could not find that file on the net, other than here, which may be a free download after signing up.

You may be able to ask the OP of that thread for the file.

Thanks tomwil.

I believe that's a dead link since the file isn't shown/listed. All it asks is to join AND give CC details, which I will not do anyway.

As for the forum link above, I've registered but can't post anything so I'm awaiting for a response from the admin as to why. Even so, that post is over 2 years old and odds are the poster is long gone. But a new post may find something.
post #23 of 25 Old 08-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Can you tell me where you received your firmware? My tray won't open (it is a DMR-EZ48V), and I went to Panasonic's website, and there is "no such item" as this DVD recorder.
post #24 of 25 Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello member the firmware is not going to fix your machine, the drive needs to be serviced, send me a PM for more info. thanks I fix these all the time. SEE PART2 THREAD.

MickinCT
post #25 of 25 Old 08-29-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnne McMaster View Post

Can you tell me where you received your firmware? My tray won't open (it is a DMR-EZ48V), and I went to Panasonic's website, and there is "no such item" as this DVD recorder.

Does your ez48 power up? If it's just the disc tray that's not opening, try the following. With the power turned off, press the stop and ch up buttons simultaneously for over 5 seconds. That hopefully will get the tray open.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page