U99 erroe Message when Timer Recording - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Panasonic DMR-EZ485V.

Frequently get a U99 Error Message on the unit's display after trying to do a timer recording. The Manual lists the message as 'The unit fails to operate properly etc.' The TV screen message reads 'Press OK. The last recorded title might have been partially lost because of the problem with the disc. For successful recording, please try another disc'.
I have repeatedly done this as well as doing trial recordings on that disc with success. I am using Memorex +RW discs.
The unit comes on at the timer recording time but does not complete the job of writing to the disc. Once, I got about 30 minutes of a 2 hour timer recording program.
Suggestions? I'm out of waranty.

Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybest View Post

Panasonic DMR-EZ485V.

Frequently get a U99 Error Message on the unit's display after trying to do a timer recording. The Manual lists the message as 'The unit fails to operate properly etc.' The TV screen message reads 'Press OK. The last recorded title might have been partially lost because of the problem with the disc. For successful recording, please try another disc'.
I have repeatedly done this as well as doing trial recordings on that disc with success. I am using Memorex +RW discs.
The unit comes on at the timer recording time but does not complete the job of writing to the disc. Once, I got about 30 minutes of a 2 hour timer recording program.
Suggestions? I'm out of waranty.

Ray

These posts from 2009 addresses your situation(s):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17163187

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post17380332

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post17413722

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #3 of 5 Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I also question your choice of media. +RW is the least compatible with Panasonic DVD Recorders and Memorex is probably the worst of the media. If you want rewritable media personally I'd use -RW and try a brand like Verbatim or even Sony.
It's also possible the spindle needs cleaning and those links have some good information too.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I was reading a forum just now and someone said they needed to get a new BD player because there 4 year old Panasonic DVD recorder had a U61 error. I looked up what that ment and the manual says in short 'the machine is OK' Some people give up a bit too easy. I guess they threw it in the bin too.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone82 View Post

I was reading a forum just now and someone said they needed to get a new BD player because there 4 year old Panasonic DVD recorder had a U61 error. I looked up what that ment and the manual says in short 'the machine is OK' Some people give up a bit too easy. I guess they threw it in the bin too.

A realistic description of the U61, U88 and U99 errors are found in the posts linked in the above post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21734624

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page