Low audio volume on DVD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
I've had my magnavox 515H for awhile and have not really had a lot of time to work with it. I have used it to record to both HDD and to DVD and have cloned from hdd to dvd. I've noticed that when I play a dvd back the audio volume is much lower than the original program. Has anyone else experienced this or am I missing something? While it's not a serious problem it is rather irritating when I go back to regular viewing on the tv and the volume blasts me out of my chair, expecially with headphones on. Any answers would be most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 142
See this help file.

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkives1 View Post

Hi
I've had my magnavox 515H for awhile and have not really had a lot of time to work with it. I have used it to record to both HDD and to DVD and have cloned from hdd to dvd. I've noticed that when I play a dvd back the audio volume is much lower than the original program. Has anyone else experienced this or am I missing something? While it's not a serious problem it is rather irritating when I go back to regular viewing on the tv and the volume blasts me out of my chair, expecially with headphones on. Any answers would be most appreciated.

I've observed low audio DVD playback through one TV that has fully populated inputs, especially when fed through a composite AV Switch Box.

At first I though that the audio was recorded at too low a level. Then I played back the same DVDs through another DVD player without a switch box feed to a TV. The recorded audio levels were normal in every respect.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)