Panasonic DMR-E50H issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's a question that I have not seen expressly addressed yet.

I have a Panasonic DMR-E50H that has worked flawlessly since I purchased it used in 2009. Recently, I experienced a power outage and the unit has not worked since.

When turned on, I get the "Please Wait" note on the front panel display. According to the manual, normal should resume, but you should not attempt anything else.

Is there some simple solution to getting this unit to work again (ie, fuse or circuit breaker that needs to be reset)? I have not taken the unit apart yet, but I thought the experts that are on this site may have run into this situation and have a ready solution.

The hard drive has some TV shows stored and ready to burn (mostly snippets of artists from late night TV and home improvement mash-ups to be made). I don't want to lose these things, but it isn't like my world will be over if I don't retrieve these.

Please let me know if there is a simple solution for this as I currently have a brick in my home theater.

A bit off topic, but relevant to the HDD DVD-R world, would anyone be interested in a Toshiba RD-X2 that no longer burns (or plays DVDs), but the HDD works extremely well)? I have ALL of the original box, remote, manual and sundries.

Thanks for your help in advance...

lbjazzin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-16-2012, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Unless you have a blown capacitor in the power supply, I really am not sure what it could be. Power fails have been known to do BAD things to these machines. You should probably consider sending a PM to user MICKINCT to see if he can help. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend you send it to Panasonic for repair. They just don't do that anymore.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page