PART 2 -Having issues with your Panasonic DVD Recorder???---- (read)!! - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #121 of 131 Old 11-15-2016, 04:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 903
PM sent..........

MickinCT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 131 Old 03-28-2017, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3/28/17

How can I reach Mickinct? I'm new and don't have any posts yet.

Are you still repairing Panasonic DVRs? I have a DMR-EH50 that won’t power up. I tried replacing the power cord with no success. Can you send me a message at my email.

Thank you.
post #123 of 131 Old 04-01-2017, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

PM sent..........

MickinCT

post #124 of 131 Old 04-07-2017, 09:01 PM

I have a Panasonic DMR-E75V. It is 12 years old. It gives an error message that it cannot read the disc when I want to play or record a dvd. I love this unit and would love to keep it rather than purchasing a new vcr/dvd combo. Can it be repaired?
post #125 of 131 Old 04-08-2017, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

yes pm sent

MickinCT

Last edited by mickinct; 04-08-2017 at 09:16 AM.
post #126 of 131 Old 05-03-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickinct View Post
Hi Bearbig welcome to AVS, leave a call back ## in your pm.
mickinct
Quote:
YOU should have got in touch with me.....................

----------------------
5-3-2017

Greetings, Mike

I tried sending you a private message, but it would not go through because I am new to this forum....

To be able to post Visitor messages your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here is the message I tried to send:

Greetings, Mike.

I hope you are well.

I found your name posted and recommended here on avsforum as a qualified technician.

I have a Panasonic dmr-ez48v that is working fine for playing finalized DVDs, but it is giving me the following errors when trying to record on BRAND NEW blank DVDs :

"Unable to Read Disc"
or "Disc is incompatible"

or "There May be a problem with the disc. Press OK and the unit will power off, the unit will restart to try to make the disc usable"

Sometimes (and ONLY sometimes after many, MANY power cycles) the machine will actually record, and once one part of the DVD has something recorded on it, the machine reads those DVDs just fine and I can continue recording on those discs until they are full.

I purchased this machine in 2010 or 2011, and I see they are not manufactured anymore.

I am VERY reluctant to purchase a used one on eBay or anyplace else, because I fear the used machines are having the same issues.

Thank you sincerely for your time.

Warm regards,
Gerry in Massachusetts
post #127 of 131 Old 05-03-2017, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Pm sent

MickinCT
post #128 of 131 Old 07-01-2017, 02:40 PM

My panasonic dvd recorder DMR E50 not reading dvd r disc for me to recorder it keep saying cannot read please check the disc the disc look really good
post #129 of 131 Old 07-10-2017, 07:39 PM

panasonic DMR-EZ485V problems

Quote:
I left him e-mail message to contact me. thanks,
I am trying to contact MICKINCT to see if he (Mike, I think) would be able to repair my Panasonic. I am new to forums of any sort and am not sure if this is how I contact you. If not, then I apologize. I don't even know if this translates to an email address if you reply but I am hoping that it does because I am familiar with corresponding via email.

My unit was having some issues with not "seeing" brand new discs properly a while ago. Many months hence, I got the dreaded F60 error when all I wanted to do is update the clock. I did a cold reboot and got past the F60 to the HELLO, but from there, nothing works. The power button on the unit does not work nor anything on the remote.

Can you help me out?
post #130 of 131 Old 07-11-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piir-pam View Post
I am trying to contact MICKINCT to see if he (Mike, I think) would be able to repair my Panasonic. I am new to forums of any sort and am not sure if this is how I contact you. If not, then I apologize. I don't even know if this translates to an email address if you reply but I am hoping that it does because I am familiar with corresponding via email.

My unit was having some issues with not "seeing" brand new discs properly a while ago. Many months hence, I got the dreaded F60 error when all I wanted to do is update the clock. I did a cold reboot and got past the F60 to the HELLO, but from there, nothing works. The power button on the unit does not work nor anything on the remote.

Can you help me out?
7/11/2017 Seems that I cannot include my email link at this time.

I think that you replied, but I cannot get to it via this forum as I saw an error saying something like cannot read probably due to pop-up blocker. I disabled my ad blocker but could not figure out how to access any answer to my first posting yesterday.
post #131 of 131 Old 09-21-2017, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Panasonic DMR-EH75V was working fine the other day; I was watching a VHS on it and hit "stop" to switch to something else. When I tried to play the tape again, all I got was "no signal." I've tried swapping out all the various cords and connecting it differently to the cable box (and even straight to the TV), but I keep getting "no signal." Anyone have any advice on what I should try next? mickinct, any thoughts? Thanks!

ETA: Talked to mickinct, tried some things, Panny is fine. Appears to be an issue with the cable box. At least that won't cost me anything but the silly things I saved on the DVR

Last edited by Dezbot; 09-23-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page