Sony DVD Recorder RDR GX-300 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
PMB707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony DVD Recorder RDR GX 300 that will not read DVD's and I have numerous unfinalized DVD's since I record certain horse races and keep adding to each DVD. Sony Repair Center in Texas says they no longer make parts to repair this unit which is only about 7 years old. I think that is disgusting. Any ideas on how to finalize these DVD's or find a replacement unit would be appreciated.
PMB707 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gastrof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: my computer (or tablet)
Posts: 1,798
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Check my reply to your post in the other thread.

As for double posting, that's a no-no.

You should post your request for help either here or there, not in both places. Just a bit of friendly advice.
gastrof is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tomwil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post

Check my reply to your post in the other thread.

Perhaps the OP forgot where he posted before:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=981951

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
tomwil is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
profhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMB707 View Post

I have a Sony DVD Recorder RDR GX 300 that will not read DVD's and I have numerous unfinalized DVD's since I record certain horse races and keep adding to each DVD. Sony Repair Center in Texas says they no longer make parts to repair this unit which is only about 7 years old. I think that is disgusting. Any ideas on how to finalize these DVD's or find a replacement unit would be appreciated.

My advice: you will need to buy a working second hand RDR GX 300 or a model compatible with your DVDs from ebay or Craiglist, then just finalize your DVDs

After that, you will need to buy or assemble a good HTPC, since the DVD recorders are now dead. Or go TiVo.
profhat is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:39 PM
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
 
wajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 14,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by profhat View Post

My advice: you will need to buy a working second hand RDR GX 300 or a model compatible with your DVDs from ebay or Craiglist, then just finalize your DVDs

After that, you will need to buy or assemble a good HTPC, since the DVD recorders are now dead. Or go TiVo.

DVD recorders are not dead, just taking a nap!

PHILIPS HD DVRs | *MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*If you're logged in, links will only work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
wajo is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
profhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

DVD recorders are not dead, just taking a nap!

They will raise again on April 1st.

Anyway you're right, there's still hope for a HD BR-recorder for the US...
profhat is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off