Copy DVD-RAM to computer: Lose titles? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-26-2012, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have several of these discs with a large number of titles on each one. If I copy these to a computer, will I lose the titles and just get one very long video?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 45
No, you will not lose any contents of a RAM, after transferring it to the pc's hard drive. The DVD RAM compatible dvd authoring software will read the contents of your transferred disc, and see individual titles, that you can select to load in any order when creating a dvd.
Also, any DVD RAM compatible Player software, should also recognize individual titles, allowing you to select say, title 3 to play, rather than starting playback with the first title.

Screencap showing WinDVD-a dvd software player, showing you the titles on a DVD RAM.
LL

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #3 of 3 Old 04-08-2012, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This might be a stupid question but I will ask any way. Since I high speed dub everything to my Panny E500H dvd recorder HD and then to a JVC TY 8x dvd-r. I decided to high speed dub to a Panny DVD-RAM disc. Or course I was able to but you can't finalize the disc as far as I can tell. I was able to play the dvd-ram disc on my computer's dvd burner. Then I tried to rip the dvd-ram disc using say dvd decrypter or some other dvd ripping software as a ISO file. But when I burnt the ISO file back to a dvd-r and tried to play it on the Panny Dvd Recorder, dvd or Blu-ray player it would recognize the dvd-r disc. I am sure it was because it was never finalized in the Panny Dvd Recorder. Is there a way to rip the whole disc and then burn it to dvd-r and make it compatible to play on standard dvd players.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page