At wits end no audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im trying to hook up this DVD recorder, Sony RDR-GX257 to this TV Sony KDF-55E2000. I have tryed every thing I can think of and It keeps saying unsuported audio check output. I have the HDMI cable from the DVD player to the HDMI on the TV and have picture but no sound. I tryed the audio cables, red and white to the L&R on the HDMI audio in on the tv and nothing...Tryed the red and and white cables on the audio output on the player to the input of the tv, still same thing. At wits end any help would be greatfull. Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike001 View Post

Im trying to hook up this DVD recorder, Sony RDR-GX257 to this TV Sony KDF-55E2000. I have tryed every thing I can think of and It keeps saying unsuported audio check output. I have the HDMI cable from the DVD player to the HDMI on the TV and have picture but no sound. I tryed the audio cables, red and white to the L&R on the HDMI audio in on the tv and nothing...Tryed the red and and white cables on the audio output on the player to the input of the tv, still same thing. At wits end any help would be greatfull. Thank you all in advance.

Start here and report back on your findings.
Particularly this part: Instead of setting the audio output of the source device to Dolby DigitalĀ® or DTS sound, try setting it to output PCM or 2-channel audio.
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...00%20452302794
Old 04-08-2012, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has the DVD player proved able to produce audio in the past?