Memorex DVD Recorder problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sorry to possibly be repeating a similar question, but in coming through the pages of posts, I didn't see anything exactly on point, so ...

I have a Memorex DVD Recorder. I had a family member at home record a couple of programs for me. The first one recorded successfully on a DVD-R. However, when they recorded a second program on the same DVD-R and stopped it, they went to check that it was successful on the DVD Menu.

However, instead it stated there was a "Disc error" and tried to "retrieve" the second item through "disc recovery". After what it said was a "successful disc recovery", the DVD Menu only shows the first recorded program and 51% free space, with no second recorded item.

Upon physical examination of the recording side of the disc, it is clear that something was recorded - You know how the disc gets darker from the center out as it records.

They have not finalized the disc. Is there any way to retrieve the second program, either with the DVD recorder or on a computer (PC)?

Thank you very much for any help you can lend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes, just get a program called Isobuster.