DVD-RAM: Pale green color - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 04-22-2012, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got a box of 10 from Amazon. The box looks the same, but they are pale green on top, same as old on bottom. So far, they work, but I was just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-22-2012, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 92
What brand are they? All my RAMs are gold top(I guess I have one yellow top) but they are all Panasonic brand, I'm sure other brands could be different. When you say the bottoms are the same do you mean with the circular hash marks? If so all my RAMs looks like that too. As long as the format and work I wouldn't worry if it's just the top that has a different color
post #3 of 10 Old 04-23-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I have many -RAM disks that are gold in color, but the Verbatim 5x -RAM disks that I purchased are silver in color. I have never seen green ones, but if they work... I too would like to know who made them.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #4 of 10 Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

They are Panasonic. The box looks the same as before, LM-AF120LU10, but there is a bar code sticker, X0008LRLQN, on the front. Before they were always gold on top, but these are green, and the section around the center looks crystal colored, instead of clear, as before. I tried a couple of them, and they work, but I don't know what to think. They look cheaper. The bottom looks the same.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

After doing a search on that pasrt number, it's interesting that two diffrent packaging type show up. One is mostly blue, the other is mostly green. I can;t sell if there is any real difference between them other than the packaging. Both packages have pictures of the disks, which are gold.

I really doubt it means much that yours are green.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #6 of 10 Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

After doing a search on that pasrt number, it's interesting that two diffrent packaging type show up. One is mostly blue, the other is mostly green. I can;t sell if there is any real difference between them other than the packaging. Both packages have pictures of the disks, which are gold.

I really doubt it means much that yours are green.

Iirc, the green were preformated for data, the blue for DVD recorders. Either would work if reformated in the target device.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-24-2012, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm sure he is talking about the disks themselves, not the packaging. I merely commented that the packaging comes in green and blue, but the disks have always been gold in color. this is the first I've heard of disks themselves being "pale green" on top, but I doubt it actually means anything.

Luke

post #8 of 10 Old 04-24-2012, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:

I'm sure he is talking about the disks themselves, not the packaging. I merely commented that the packaging comes in green and blue, but the disks have always been gold in color. this is the first I've heard of disks themselves being "pale green" on top, but I doubt it actually means anything.

Like yours, all my Panasonic RAM disks are Gold color on the top. That includes the older ones that were supplied in DVD cases and the newer ones with the anti-scratch hard-coat that come in slim half-width jewel cases.

As far as packaging goes. The older ones without the anti-scratch coating came in green boxes. When they went to the anti-scratch disks they changed the package color to blue.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #9 of 10 Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

I was talking about the packaging. I wish I could remember better.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-25-2012, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

I thought that since the discs are pale green in color, they might have been made in a different country, in lower quality. The box still says the same as before, made in Japan.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page