JVC S7600U Worth anything? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a JVC s7600U superVHS that's been sitting on a shelf for several years. I didn't use it very often ( est. 20hours) when it was hooked up. I think I have the remote as well.

Is it worth anything? I checked ebay and some googling but didn't come up with much.

Also have a stack of 7 TiVos from series 1 to 3. Hard to believe how little these are worth.

Thanks for the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 49
The JVC HR-S7600 is a popular "cult" model among members here who are transferring their VHS collections to DVD or PC files. The big button on the front labeled "TBC/DNR" is worth a good chunk of change to some buyers.

But condition is everything with these: when they're good, they're great, when they're bad, they destroy any tape that gets within 10 feet of them. You need to ruthlessly examine yours by playing, rewinding and speed searching thru at least a dozen tapes. After you finish, zip thru the first couple again to make sure your 7600 didn't damage them. If you examine the machine carefully and verify its good, you'll get a nice price on eBay with no hassle from the buyer. If you don't thoroughly vet it before selling, you'll get nasty blowback from the buyer and end up with an eBay dispute. You could try selling it "as-is" with a return/refund guarantee if they don't like it, but again this subjects you to hassle and a possible dispute (this is the kind of item that attracts the most annoying type of persnickety-assed eBay buyer: if they can cause trouble, they always do).

If in truly awesome condition with remote, you can probably get $199 for it after a couple runs at eBay, perhaps more if no one else lists one that week and you have good pictures of it. The advantage of eBay is its the one place someone will pay the going inflated price for this kind of JVC: if they need it now, they hit eBay and pay what you're asking. Craig's List is easier, but everybody on Craig's List wants a killer bargain and you'll get inundated with lowball offers. If you're willing to accept $99, you could go with Craig's List for the convenience.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 AM

Liked: 14
There is either one on ebay now for $299 or one that did not sell for $299. I cant remember exactly as i was going though completed listings. I reckon the price was in red so i reckon that means it did not sell so i must of been in completed listings. I would have come across it when looking for TBC's
post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks guys.

Yep saw that one on ebay looks like it was on once, expired than sold after reposting.

I don't think I have a dozen or even 3 tapes of decent quality to even test with.
Have to see what I can dig up and add it to the project pile.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page