DVD Duplicator- CopyPal II still a winner? SMS Coupon Code - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 33
If I have a pc with a blu-ray burner, would I be able to use that to make copies of my existing Blu-ray Disc games?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

They do make BD duplicators but expect to pay 4x what a DVD duplicator goes for($400+ was the cheapest I found).

Also my guess is basically every BD(except home burnt ones) will have encryption and not copy as apposed to DVD where a surprising amount don't have encryption but only MV. MV stops our DVDRs but not the Copypal, encryption stops everything except a PC with specialized software.

The least expensive one at SMS was $422. The URL is here. On the other hand, the CopyPal II is $128.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #33 of 37 Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

But wouldn't I be able to use my computer for duplication rather than purchase a stand alone duplicator
post #34 of 37 Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

But wouldn't I be able to use my computer for duplication rather than purchase a stand alone duplicator
Yes a computer can do everything a duplicator does and more, it's only drawback is it takes longer and may tie up your computer when copying. Copying a DL disc on my computer can take 1-1 1/2 hrs while using my CopyPal it only takes ~27 minutes. Note I use verification and a slower burn on my PC while my CopyPal has no verification and always burns at full speed.
The advantage to a PC copy is you can use bootlegged software to copy even protected movies(not sure about games, probably not) and once the image is on your HDD you can easily burn another copy at any time without the master disc.
Truthfully I've been using my CopyPal less lately, I like the ability to use a slower burn speed(2.4x for 8x DL blanks and 8x for 16x SL blanks) and I also like the verification on my PC but if using high quality blanks(AZO Verbs) I wouldn't have a problem using my CopyPal.
post #35 of 37 Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 AM
AVS Special Member

I have another duplicator that is twice the cost of the copypal, but it has options for read/write speed and other stuff too. I find myself using the more configurable one more often than the copypal these days. The test/copy/verify ability gives me a warm feeling, even though I haven't had a failure of any of those operations in years. smile.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #36 of 37 Old 07-11-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

At $400 starting price, might be better to use an external bd burner to duplicate
post #37 of 37 Old 07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

At $400 starting price, might be better to use an external bd burner to duplicate

Not really an appropriate comment for this thread. Yes, the least expensive BluRay disk copier at Supermediastore is $422, but the thread title is specifically about the CopyPal II, which is still available at $150. It is a very well done DVD duplicator for the cost. It isn't configurable, but it is dirt simple to operate and works very well for what it's intended. I am perfectly happy with mine.

I would agree with you though, for duplicating BluRay disks, I would be tempted to use a PC rather than purchase a $400 stand alone duplicator.

Luke

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page