DVD Duplicator- CopyPal II still a winner? SMS Coupon Code - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 37 Old 05-25-2012, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After making lots of duplicate discs for my brother's kids(think good old movies, cartoons & twee stgs) the hard way, I've decided it's time for old Uncle Stu to invest in a duplicator. (To do 18 index pix once, for Cartoons Disk 1, is bad enough- to do the same ones all over again, for the copies up through Cartoons Disk 15 so far, is maddening! )

I've been researching old threads here & looking around on the Inet for info about DVD copiers/duplicators. The CopyPal was well thought of here just last summer for a dependable, bare bones, no nonsense 1 to 1 duplicator. I've found the current version- the CopyPal II- in several places, sometimes called the Linkyo(SuperMediaStore) & also called the ILY D01. Pics look the same, specs shared, etc. Others found that look similar are the CopyStars, at near the same price. Then there are the VinPowers & others that have a small LCD screen for more $, these 1-1 machines go for about $159.

Right now NewEgg offrs the ILY CopyPal II for $119 shipped; SuperMediaStore add popup says they'll take $10 off any duplicator *IF* you use coupon code GBCHDMAY. That takes the SMS price on a CPal2 from $128 to $118 shipped. No extras offered like a free cake-box of TY 8X DVD-R's with it. Should I go ahead & pull the trigger on it now- I've had very good service from SMS when ordering blank dvds & such- or wait for a big sale? FWIW, the new stuff for the kids has really slowed down lately, so waiting a month or more wouldn't hurt. Or should I look for something else- if something is as good/better for same/less, the Inet is awfully quiet about it. any help appreciated.

*However*- when our big cable update occurs- they say this summer for sure- I'm gonna have lots of new old TV series to record. If any of 'em look good for kids, may have to make *lots* of disks for 'em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 05-25-2012, 11:44 PM

Liked: 14
Good you brought up this topic as i was looking at getting a DVD duplicator too. I was considering a 1 to 3 duplicator but what i wanted to know is can you use them to make one copy only instead of having 3 blanks inserted?

From my research all these duplicators seem to be the same basic things and some designs are just re-branded by other companies, like most electronics stuff. I want one with a LCD read out and one that you can chose the read/write speed. Some you can even fit a internal HDD and store your movies on there and then burn off copies when you need to.
post #3 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I have that 1:1 SMS CopyPal duplicator and I really like it. It copies most SL DVDs in ~5.5 minutes(up to 12min. if the DVD has a LPCM(lossless) audio track). DL copies take ~27 minutes(don't think I've copied any DLs with LPCM).
Of the DVDs I've copied, the ones I've played back all look great. The duplicator won't copy a "encrypted" DVD but will copy(and even remove MV) on MV'd DVDs.
Originally I wanted a duplicator with a LCD screen, ability to control read and write speed and verification but when SMS had a great sale last year for $99 I couldn't resist and bought one. It was one of my better investments.
Cyclone82, while not positive I'm quite sure you can use only 1 target for duplicators that have more than 1 target, only makes sense that at times one would only want to make one copy.
post #4 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrtyro View Post

After making lots of duplicate discs for my brother's kids(think good old movies, cartoons & twee stgs) the hard way, I've decided it's time for old Uncle Stu to invest in a duplicator. (To do 18 index pix once, for Cartoons Disk 1, is bad enough- to do the same ones all over again, for the copies up through Cartoons Disk 15 so far, is maddening! )...

Just out of curiosity, exactly how many copies do you need to make from the 'Master' DVD?

Since I tend to minimize the usage of ALL of my DVDR DVD burners, when I need more than one copy I'll make the 'Master', then go to a PC and use ImgBurn to make an ISO 'Image'. From that 'Image', I can then burn as many copies as I like, as fast as the ~$20 PC DVD burner can handle them. If I wear that burner out, a new one is just another ~$20.

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

ClearToLand's Picks For Best Answers to Common ReplayTV Questions

Remember, it's only TV...
post #5 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I have that 1:1 SMS CopyPal duplicator and I really like it...

Of the DVDs I've copied, the ones I've played back all look great...

SMS had a great sale last year for $99 I couldn't resist and bought one. It was one of my better investments...

I agree, my CopyPal is a great product.

I record two Monday through Friday news/commentary programs with one of my Panasonic DMR-EH50 HDD/DVD Recorders. On Fridays I assemble a master DVD of the week's programs. Then I duplicate the master DVD with my CopyPal. On Sunday afternoons I share these DVDs with a few friends that do not have access to the original programs.
LL
LL

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #6 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 AM

Liked: 13
^^^ Nice stack DigaDo. That's probably just your editing station though huh?
post #7 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearToLand View Post

Just out of curiosity, exactly how many copies do you need to make from the 'Master' DVD?

Since I tend to minimize the usage of ALL of my DVDR DVD burners, when I need more than one copy I'll make the 'Master', then go to a PC and use ImgBurn to make an ISO 'Image'. From that 'Image', I can then burn as many copies as I like, as fast as the ~$20 PC DVD burner can handle them. If I wear that burner out, a new one is just another ~$20.

Yes, I never use a stand alone DVDr to make copies. I feel the same way as you. A good PC burner costs under $20 and when used with a computer and the right software it works great. I use Nero and can control the read speed, the write speed and verify the burn. I don't make enough copies to justify the cost of a dedicated copier but I can see how some folks may need a dedicated machine.
post #8 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Eye View Post

...I don’t make enough copies to justify the cost of a dedicated copier but I can see how some folks may need a dedicated machine.

Well in my case anyway I wouldn't go that far It was more the great price and want for something that was quick and didn't have to involve a computer. Copying and burning a DL master takes almost a hour and half using my PC and a 2.4x blank. The same process takes ~ 1/3rd that time with my CopyPal, although I do verify on my PC but my CopyPal has no such option. For a SL master it's also almost 3x faster using the CopyPal. Of course for encrypted DVDs the CopyPal is not an option.
post #9 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Burning copies on computer- Good idea I'm sure, but my old(& only) computer will read-only DVDs, won't burn 'em. Burns CDs only. Hey, it's old!

Normally I'll need to make only one copy of the master DVD. The cartoons mentioned above, have 18 cartoons per disk- it's a happy accident that at SP/2 hr "speed", 18 titles(the Mvox title limit per "burn") fill the disk & a 19th cartoon wouldn't have fit anyway(at least in all but one disk so far).

Looks like for my purposes, the CopyPal II is the way to go. Guess I'll keep checking the ads daily & hope SMS runs a sale soon. I have a birthday coming soon, will call it a birthday present for myself.

Thanks for the posts & input, keep 'em coming!
post #10 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

SMS seems to run the 1:1 duplicator on sale several times/year. Can't remember the last time I saw it for $99 but I'd guess it may not be too much longer. Having purchased from them before I get a email at least once if not twice/week. If I see the CopyPal on sale I'll try and remember to update this post.
My only small complaint is the tiny fan was somewhat noisy. I noticed it barely moved any air so I unplugged it and it's much nicer. I rarely burn more than a couple DVDs at a time and I don't notice anything getting warm, If I was burning things in mass quantifies I may have just lived with the noise but I'm the type that if I can get rid of noise I'll do it. I also don't like the fan that starts up on my HDD DVDRs but in that case it only turns on when it senses to high a temp, I wouldn't disconnect that fan.
post #11 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 05:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

Normally I'll need to make only one copy of the master DVD. The cartoons mentioned above, have 18 cartoons per disk- it's a happy accident that at SP/2 hr "speed", 18 titles(the Mvox title limit per "burn") fill the disk & a 19th cartoon wouldn't have fit anyway(at least in all but one disk so far).

18 titles per session... that's all that will fit in the dub menu at a time. You can add 18 more as many times as will still fit on the disc.
post #12 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone82 View Post

Good you brought up this topic as i was looking at getting a DVD duplicator too. I was considering a 1 to 3 duplicator but what i wanted to know is can you use them to make one copy only instead of having 3 blanks inserted?

From my research all these duplicators seem to be the same basic things and some designs are just re-branded by other companies, like most electronics stuff. I want one with a LCD read out and one that you can chose the read/write speed. Some you can even fit a internal HDD and store your movies on there and then burn off copies when you need to.

I have a three to one duplicator, and my church has a five to one, in both cases, you can use any number of blanks to make copies (up to the maximum supportd by the machine obviously) with no issue at all.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #13 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by morc258 View Post

^^^ Nice stack DigaDo. That's probably just your editing station though huh?

Well, partly. That home office stack currently has my last two still-functional Panasonic DMR-EZ17 models (the pictured DMR-EZ28 is now R.I.P.), my first DMR-EH50, a Philips 3576 and my first Magnavox 2160 that has been replaced with my first Magnavox 515. To the right, beyond the photo, are two more HDD/DVD Recorders, my second DMR-EH50 and my second Magnavox 515. To the left, beyond the photo, is my second Magnavox 2160A.

Under the home office table is my first Magnavox 2160A and a Panasonic DMR-ES35.

There are two stacks in the adjoining bedroom. The main stack has a Panasonic DMR-EA18, DMR-ES25, Magnavox 2080 (with a 160GB hard drive installed in 2009) and a Philips 3575. The second bedroom stack has my first Magnavox 2160 and another DMR-ES35.

The closets in both rooms have my standby Panasonic and Magnavox Recorders (too many to count) and some "parts machines."

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #14 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Burning copies on computer- Good idea I'm sure, but my old(& only) computer will read-only DVDs, won't burn 'em. Burns CDs only. Hey, it's old!

Normally I'll need to make only one copy of the master DVD

GEEZ!!!

Please pardon me for being so BLUNT, but, why can't you logon to Newegg, pick a ~$20 DVD Burner and replace the DVD-Reader / CD-Burner in your current PC?

If you only need to make ONE copy, ImgBurn and a ~$20 DVD Burner in your PC sounds perfect - what am I missing here?

Feel free to ask any 'How-To' questions and please describe your current "OLD" PC Hardware (i.e. Make & Model) & Software (i.e. OS). I burn DVDs, using ImgBurn, on a ~2000 Gateway 6400 running Win2K Pro.

Also, how often do you need to make these copies? $100 will buy you *FIVE* PC DVD Burners - are you in a hurry?

Possibly you could think about this idea a bit more...

post #15 of 37 Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
I have a three to one duplicator, and my church has a five to one, in both cases, you can use any number of blanks to make copies (up to the maximum supportd by the machine obviously) with no issue at all.

Thats good. I dont think i would ever need to make more than 3 copies at once but there would be times when i want to make only 1.

I was thinking of something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Produplic...item58909199d8
post #16 of 37 Old 05-27-2012, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone82 View Post

I bought a 1>3 duplicator, with a 250GB HDD from SMS, on sale. It will let you choose your write strategy, and has many different options for scanning, comparing copies, all sorts of stuff. And, of course you can make 1, 2, or 3 copies. Burners are easily replaceable, I believe.
post #17 of 37 Old 05-27-2012, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

ClearToland: Using a computer means that the source DVD must first be copied/downloaded into the computer, just like when making a copy of a CD, yes? I dunno how long that would take on a disk of 4+GB- but here's some info on my aging computer.(I did spot some Sony DVD-RW drives on NewEgg for ~$18!)

Brand: E-Machines
Model: T2682
Processor: Intel Celeron 2.6 GHz
Drives: one DVD-ROM drive, plus one CD-RW drive(both are original & have "sticky-hub" syndrome, work fine as long as disk isn't left in machine. ) I have no idea if these drives are SATA or PATA or what.

HD: 80 GB( plus a 160 GB portable HD connected via USB cable)

Possibly pertinent factoid- a few years ago, while deleting files to try & speed things up, I deleted something that prevented any DVD from playing on the computer. Much hassle, finally wound up using VLC Media player free version. After many tries reloacing Windows dvd driver, it now seems to work- but I never use the computer for watching DVD unless they just won't play on anything else.

A well-respected member here has offered to sell me his old CopyPal- many copies made I bet but still working A-OK- pretty cheap, so adding a DVD-RW drive to the computer *and* getting a CopyPal isn't completely ruled out.
post #18 of 37 Old 05-27-2012, 05:23 AM

Liked: 13
There are standalone duplicator controllers available for the build it yourselfers.
Recycle an old PC tower, power supply and DVD drives.
post #19 of 37 Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ClearToland: Using a computer means that the source DVD must first be copied/downloaded into the computer, just like when making a copy of a CD, yes? I dunno how long that would take on a disk of 4+GB- but here's some info on my aging computer.(I did spot some Sony DVD-RW drives on NewEgg for ~$18!)

Brand: E-Machines
Model: T2682
Processor: Intel Celeron 2.6 GHz
Drives: one DVD-ROM drive, plus one CD-RW drive(both are original & have "sticky-hub" syndrome, work fine as long as disk isn't left in machine. ) I have no idea if these drives are SATA or PATA or what.

HD: 80 GB( plus a 160 GB portable HD connected via USB cable)...

I just GOOGLE'd "emachine T2682 specs" and selected a few useful LINKs for you to read:
  1. Downloads & Support Documents - Desktop / T Series / T2682
  2. eMachines T2682 (000002965) PC Desktop - Product Specs
  3. Emachines T2682 Specifications
The far right tab in LINK #1 (User Guide) has a LINK to the User Guide and, AFAICT, the cables on the HDD look like IDE (i.e. PATA), the specs indicate DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra), so I'm going to go with PATA / IDE for the CD and DVD.

You have a choice of 3 Lite-On PATA DVD Burners @ Newegg (Text Search Terms: PATA DVD burner (x) (1-4 of 4 Results)), ALL of which are currently OOS. So, if you're not already a registered buyer, create an account and then create 3 'Alerts' to let you know when each one comes back 'In Stock'.

Installation is BRIEFLY described in the User Guide PDF - remove the side cover, unplug 3 cables, remove 2-4 screws, swap drive, reverse procedure. Tab #1 lists 'Drivers', with nothing CD/DVD specific, so you should be 'Good-to-Go' with WinXP Home.

As for speed, that pretty much depends on the CPU, how fragmented the HDD is, the READ speed of the DVD Burner. Kelson might be able to 'chime in' with some ballpark numbers, but, he's currently running a MONSTER Intel I7, IIRC. [ He also has an old WinXP Pro SP3. However long it takes, are you in a hurry? ]

Clean up any unnecessary *CRAP* from your 80GB internal HDD, maybe move some stuff to your 160GB external HDD, such that you have ~20GB Free (which is what defrag programs always seem to preach). Then, DEFRAG your HDD, install ImgBurn, create an ImgBurn subdirectory, insert a DVD created by your DVDR, start ImgBurn and select 'Create ISO from DVD' and let it rip. When it's done, you pop in a blank DVD, select 'Create DVD from ISO' and let it rip. For $25.99, when one of them comes back into stock, you can't go wrong.

Let us all know how it works out for you...

post #20 of 37 Old 05-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Copying and burning a DL master takes almost a hour and half using my PC and a 2.4x blank. The same process takes ~ 1/3rd that time with my CopyPal, although I do verify on my PC but my CopyPal has no such option.

I don't record DL discs on my stand-alone because they say you can burn out your laser after as little as burning six DL discs. Ok I'm just kidding, I just don't like DL discs, I don't think they're worth the cost. Some folks don't like using SL 16x, some folks don't like using DL discs, that's all.

Back on subject.
Quote:

For a SL master it's also almost 3x faster using the CopyPal. Of course for encrypted DVDs the CopyPal is not an option.

How long does it take you copy a full SL disc on the CopyPal and on the Computer at the fastest read speed, 16x write speed and no verification?

On my PC if I set the read speed at max it takes five minutes to make an image and another 5 to 6 minutes per copy. So that's around total time of 12 minutes one copy, 18 minutes 2 copies, 24 minutes for three copies total time including image creation. But I like to set both my read and write speeds lower and turn on the verification feature. Just saying that my PC CAN make 3 copies in under 25 minutes.

Image one:
Read speed test started at 6.5x finished at 16x Average 12x. Total time 5 minutes.

Image two:
Actual Image Creation. 5 Min 13 seconds.
Copy Creation aborted because I don't need to waste a disc but another 5 to 6 min for actual 16x burn.
LL
LL
post #21 of 37 Old 05-27-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Eye View Post

How long does it take you copy a full SL disc on the CopyPal and on the Computer at the fastest read speed, 16x write speed and no verification?

Well it gets more complicated because whenever I use my PC I chose 8x(even for 16x blanks hoping for the best quality burn) and I also always verify(although out of the 100 copies I've made with my PC only one has failed verification and even that one seemed to playback fine(although to be safe I made another copy of the original and that one passed verification)). I guess it's more because I have the option to do so and when using the duplicator I have no such options so I just hope for the best and of probably over 100 copies on my CopyPal I've probably watched 30 or so and they all played just fine.
post #22 of 37 Old 05-31-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Right now NewEgg offrs the ILY CopyPal II for $119 shipped; SuperMediaStore add popup says they'll take $10 off any duplicator *IF* you use coupon code GBCHDMAY. That takes the SMS price on a CPal2 from $128 to $118 shipped. No extras offered like a free cake-box of TY 8X DVD-R's with it.

Still no extras(btw I've never seen the free Ty DVDs deal and I've been looking for several years) but SMS now has the CopyPal for $115 shipped.
http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...ctid=762630751
I just used mine this morning and 27 minutes later I had a exact copy of one of my DL DVDs
Not sure if it matters but mine has a circular clear cutout on the top of the duplicator, the one pictured looks all black.....
post #23 of 37 Old 08-02-2012, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

I wound up getting a new Copypal II from SMS well over a month ago. . Thanks for the info on going computer, but my antique just isn't worth spending any more $ on, especially when I have to dig for an obsolete drive instead of being able to use the more modern & cheaper version( SATA vs PATA).

The copier has worked great, BUT- the past 2 times I've used it, it took about 15-16 minutes to make a copy instead 6-7 minutes or so. The copies *Do* seem to be perfectly made & play OK. Master disks: TY/JVC 8X DVD-R silvertop, recorded at SP, high-speed-dubbed & finalized on the Mvox 2160A. Target disks: Verbatim AZO DVD-R 16X. The same combination was copying much faster a few weeks ago. There have been some thunderstorms since then. I've unpluggd the copier from power & am giving it a couple of days before re-plugging, hoping something will reset.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with a Copypal?
post #24 of 37 Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

The only time I've seen SL copies take that long is if the master has LPCM(lossless) audio, which wouldn't be the case if your just copying discs from your DVDR.
All I can think of is if your source discs are scratched or damaged causing the duplicator to have to read multiple times.
Other than those two problems I can't think what would make the copy take so long, mine generally take anywhere from 5-6 minutes(with 16x -R target) and ~27 minutes copying a DL master.
post #25 of 37 Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrtyro View Post

I wound up getting a new Copypal II from SMS well over a month ago. . Thanks for the info on going computer, but my antique just isn't worth spending any more $ on, especially when I have to dig for an obsolete drive instead of being able to use the more modern & cheaper version( SATA vs PATA).

The copier has worked great, BUT- the past 2 times I've used it, it took about 15-16 minutes to make a copy instead 6-7 minutes or so. The copies *Do* seem to be perfectly made & play OK. Master disks: TY/JVC 8X DVD-R silvertop, recorded at SP, high-speed-dubbed & finalized on the Mvox 2160A. Target disks: Verbatim AZO DVD-R 16X. The same combination was copying much faster a few weeks ago. There have been some thunderstorms since then. I've unpluggd the copier from power & am giving it a couple of days before re-plugging, hoping something will reset.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with a Copypal?

I have seen this, but only if either the source is bad, or the target is. With my other duplicators, they have a display that shows the current copy speed/rate. If it drops off abruptly, you can bet it has seen a bad spot. Did you start a new pack of disks, either T-Y or Verbs? I agree, this is unusual, and I would NOT be quick to blame the CopyPal.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #26 of 37 Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

New package of disks: No, I'm getting close to the last of a 100-pack of the TY/JVC, & about in the middle of a 100 pack of the Verb AZOs. STill, could be a disk problem or maybe the 2160A is getting tired, or has some dirt/fluff affecting the high-sped burn? They seem to HS dub in the normal amout of time though. The only other new thing is that our rip-off cable company is *finally* getting around to digital, & for the past couple of weeks I've recorded most of the stuff off the new "Digital Counterpart" channel for the better picture quality. I may try a couple disks from new paks of TY, have some on deck. No other Verbs though.

BTW- we have a serious weak signal strength problem on our upper numbered channels. The Mvox 2160A's first scan went only up to digital counterpart to Ch. 47; a 2nd try the next night got digital up through Ch. 57, our former analog top channel. we're supposed to be getting some more now, but the Mvox still tops out at Ch. 57 so far. BUT: The cable box I got from the Suddenlink local office last week tops out at Ch 47, about 10 re-scans produced the same result. So it looks like the Magnavox has the better digital tuner! biggrin.gif I'm waiting until after the Johnny Weissmuller marathon to report it & try to get things fxed, otherwise they'll mess it up for sure. Gonna disconnect from the splitter before bed in a bit & run a direct unsplit wire to the Mvox. No internet after that until Sat morning! eek.gif

Thanks guys. Assuming decent signal through 5am Sat, I'll be dubbing & copying several movies & see how it goes.
post #27 of 37 Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

If you want to do an experiment, take an older disk that you have previously coped, one that took the "nominal" time, and make another copy of it and see if it takes longer than it did previousy.

Luke

post #28 of 37 Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Do any of these duplicators copy Blu-ray Disc to blank Blu-ray Disc
As I am contemplating upgrading to blu-ray for archiving my sports, I'll need a way to make copies of the discs for friends...
Any help is appreciated
post #29 of 37 Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

They do make BD duplicators but expect to pay 4x what a DVD duplicator goes for($400+ was the cheapest I found).
http://www.supermediastore.com/category/u/blu-ray-bluray-disc-duplicator-duplicators-tower?max=15&offset=0&filter=all&sortBy=price&maxView=15
Also my guess is basically every BD(except home burnt ones) will have encryption and not copy as apposed to DVD where a surprising amount don't have encryption but only MV. MV stops our DVDRs but not the Copypal, encryption stops everything except a PC with specialized software.
post #30 of 37 Old 01-09-2013, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I would only be using it to copy home burnt sporting events I make
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page