CHK REMOTE! problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know what I may have done but I have a Panasonic DMR-EH50 DVR/DVD recorder and when I press the remote control the unit display shows "CHK REMOTE!". Does anyone know what's up with this? I've replaced the batteries in the remote and reset the unit but don't know of a way to reset the remote to try that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
This is a common problem when the remote has been accidently set to another remote code. The front panel display will report the remote code in use by the recorder when any remote button is pressed on a remote set to another remote code.

I suspect that "CHK REMOTE!" is actually "CHK REMOTE1" indicating that your DMR-EH50 is set to remote code 1.

To reset your remote control to code 1 hold down the ENTER and 1 buttons at the same time for five seconds.

This procedure is found on page 19 of the DMR-EH50 (USA/Canada) Operating Instructions.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospencer3 View Post

I don't know what I may have done but I have a Panasonic DMR-EH50 DVR/DVD recorder and when I press the remote control the unit display shows "CHK REMOTE!". Does anyone know what's up with this? I've replaced the batteries in the remote and reset the unit but don't know of a way to reset the remote to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo View Post

This is a common problem when the remote has been accidently set to another remote code. The front panel display will report the remote code in use by the recorder when any remote button is pressed on a remote set to another remote code.

I suspect that "CHK REMOTE!" is actually "CHK REMOTE1" indicating that your DMR-EH50 is set to remote code 1.

To reset your remote control to code 1 hold down the ENTER and 1 buttons at the same time for five seconds.

This procedure is found on page 19 of the DMR-EH50 (USA/Canada) Operating Instructions.
I have accidentally "reprogrammed" my remote to a different code when entering text. I guess the remote didn;t think I had released the ENTER button, when *I* thought I had.biggrin.gif It took me a moment to figure out what I had done.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page