Pan-EH-55: Copy chapters? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any way to copy just one of the chapters from a title on the hard drive, to a DVD-RAM or DVD-R?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-18-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Yes, there is. You can use the playlist feature to isolate the chapter you want a copy, then burn it to ram or dvd-r.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #3 of 6 Old 08-20-2012, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
That is correct. Create a playlist out of that single chapter, or any number of chapters from any number of titles on the HDD, and dub the playlist to a disk.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #4 of 6 Old 08-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

any number of chapters from any number of titles on the HDD.

WRONG! Sorry, Guy, I just had to jump in here. I'm only half serious, and appreciate the counsel given.

There IS a limit, not likely to be reached by any normal user, but I did last week; I had 92 or so playlists, with maybe 10 or 12 chapters to each Playlist, and it quit creating chapters. I deleted probably 60 or so of the Playlists.

Two points I'd like to make:

1. I like to create the chapter in the Playlist rather than in the Title (on the HDD). Any deletes then are from the Playlist and not from the source.

2. If in a lengthy project, COPY the Playlist occasionally, same idea as backing up a file on the PC.

Playlists are merely strings of markers to the source, and take up very little space. BUT, because they are only markers pointing to the source, don't delete the source title till you are through with the Playlist or you'll leave nothing for the markers (Playlist) to point to.

And yes, it is a dream to create playlist(s) from any combination of scenes from any of the titles on the hdd. Love it!!!

By the way, each playlist becomes a separate title on the dvd.

Oh, the Playlist is in the Other Functions screen.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the replies.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-23-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

any number of chapters from any number of titles on the HDD.

WRONG! Sorry, Guy, I just had to jump in here. I'm only half serious, and appreciate the counsel given.

There IS a limit, not likely to be reached by any normal user, but I did last week; I had 92 or so playlists, with maybe 10 or 12 chapters to each Playlist, and it quit creating chapters. I deleted probably 60 or so of the Playlists.

Two points I'd like to make:

1. I like to create the chapter in the Playlist rather than in the Title (on the HDD). Any deletes then are from the Playlist and not from the source.

2. If in a lengthy project, COPY the Playlist occasionally, same idea as backing up a file on the PC.

Playlists are merely strings of markers to the source, and take up very little space. BUT, because they are only markers pointing to the source, don't delete the source title till you are through with the Playlist or you'll leave nothing for the markers (Playlist) to point to.

And yes, it is a dream to create playlist(s) from any combination of scenes from any of the titles on the hdd. Love it!!!

By the way, each playlist becomes a separate title on the dvd.

Oh, the Playlist is in the Other Functions screen.

Oh good grief! Yes, here is the relevant text from page 44 of the EH55 manual:
Quote:
≥The maximum number of items on a disc
[HDD]
–Titles: 500
–Chapters: Approximately 1000 per title (Depends on the state of recording.)

[RAM] [-R] [-R]DL] [-RW‹V›] [+R] [+R]DL] [+RW]
–Titles: 99 ([+R] [+R]DL] [+RW] 49 titles)

–Chapters: Approximately 1000 ([+R] [+R]DL] [+RW] Approximately 250) (Depends on the state of recording.)

It is quite unlikely anyone will butt up againset these limits. But it can happen as you said. I just think such a situation would be rather unusual. Maybe I'm wrong about that.rolleyes.gif

Yes, I usually edit in my playlists, to avoid mistakes that would erase actual content. And Yes, playlists on the Panasonic recorders ARE a great idea indeed.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page