Blown fuse on MDR515H/F7 Need replacement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Had a very short power outage today, and the re-start must have had a surge, which blew the fuse on my MDR515 (as wll as blowing out my router's PS). It had no effect at all on my other 2 DVRs.

I was able to temporary steal a fuse from one of my other Philips DVRs to replace it and it seems to work OK, but I still need a replacement fuse. The one that blew is marked as 2A-250V. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Is it a "fast acting" or "slow-blow" type?

TIA

noend7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by noend7 View Post

Had a very short power outage today, and the re-start must have had a surge, which blew the fuse on my MDR515 (as wll as blowing out my router's PS). It had no effect at all on my other 2 DVRs.

I was able to temporary steal a fuse from one of my other Philips DVRs to replace it and it seems to work OK, but I still need a replacement fuse. The one that blew is marked as 2A-250V. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Is it a "fast acting" or "slow-blow" type?

TIA

noend7

I recommend you get a replacement fuse from funaiservicei.com, as described here.

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

I recommend you get a replacement fuse from funaiservicei.com, as described here.
Or RadioShack...It's just a fuse, isn't it?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Funai Service "doesn't have it in stock" and Radio Shack doesn't seem to carry it.

Found it on Amazon via a 3rd party associate.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

After much back-and-forth with Jenn Daniels, Parts administrator

I've learned that the fuse is a 2A-250V fast acting type. So I've ordered the wrong type, based on wajo's comment in the main section that the fuse was slow blow, and need to order the correct ones.

Which I just found on Amazon: Set of 5 GMA 2A 250v Fast Blow Fuses 5x20mm, F2A, 2 amp.

And they cost all of $0.10! With $5 for shipping.

Hope this all helps the next person who blows a fuse. BTW, I believe the fuses on all of the Philips/Magnavox DVRs are of this type. But not certain.

noend7
Old 09-05-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noend7 View Post

After much back-and-forth with Jenn Daniels, Parts administrator

I've learned that the fuse is a 2A-250V fast acting type. So I've ordered the wrong type, based on wajo's comment in the main section that the fuse was slow blow, and need to order the correct ones.

Which I just found on Amazon: Set of 5 GMA 2A 250v Fast Blow Fuses 5x20mm, F2A, 2 amp.

And they cost all of $0.10! With $5 for shipping.

Hope this all helps the next person who blows a fuse. BTW, I believe the fuses on all of the Philips/Magnavox DVRs are of this type. But not certain.

noend7

Coincidentally, I went to revise the help file on the fuse based on non-availability at Funai, and also noticed my "Time Delay" comment. It IS a "Fast Operating" fuse with this symbol:

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Well Amazon currently has at least 3 alternate suppliers for the correct fuse, all at around $5 including shipping
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Also should note that it is a 20mm x 5mm size.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks for dimensions!

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner