Power-up problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Magnavox 515H which is two months out of warranty and suddenly neither the remote or front panel button will turn the unit on. It has adequate ventilation. If I unplug the unit for 15+ seconds, I hear two succesive clicks and still will not turn on. Maybe an internal circuit breaker turning on and off?

I have not opened it up but certainly will if someone has a suggestion to repair/remediate. It would likely cost too much to warrant repair if I have to pay for a service fee plus parts. It is apparently not an uncommon problem as Magnavox addresses it in their FAQ. None of their suggestions help.

Does anyone have a fix? Thanks for your response.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-20-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat6700 View Post

I have a Magnavox 515H which is two months out of warranty and suddenly neither the remote or front panel button will turn the unit on. It has adequate ventilation. If I unplug the unit for 15+ seconds, I hear two succesive clicks and still will not turn on. Maybe an internal circuit breaker turning on and off?

I have not opened it up but certainly will if someone has a suggestion to repair/remediate. It would likely cost too much to warrant repair if I have to pay for a service fee plus parts. It is apparently not an uncommon problem as Magnavox addresses it in their FAQ. None of their suggestions help.

Does anyone have a fix? Thanks for your response.

Bob

A simple Soft Reset will fix it.

Click 1st link in my sig. for a list of more help files like that one.

bobcat6700 likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

WAJO, you were right. I followed your instructions exactly with positive results. Thank you for your help.

Also, many thanks to Mickinct for his suggestions...I learned much from talking to you.

Bob
post #4 of 6 Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
YOUR welcome good for you.
bobcat6700 likes this.

MickinCT
post #5 of 6 Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM

Hi my name is Mike Eeles I have owned a dmr e85h for 11yrs and has performed faultlessly
But last night I performed its last recording this morning it failed to power up ,
I have checked power lead ok have opened up unit and checked fuse on power board ok
Have removed power board and cannot see any capacitor damage ie blown or leaked with the thought of repairing my self !! I need to be sure of problem/solution or a good guy who can fit it can you advise I live in Berkshire email mgeeles52@yahoo.co.uk
post #6 of 6 Old 09-27-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Slippery10, I would recommend you send a PM to MICKINCT. He fixes Panasonic DVD recorders, and he does a very good job. This forum has many endorsements of his work.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page