magnavox mwr20v6 wont stay on - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, everyone on here appeared very knowledgeable so i will give it a shot. I have this vcr/dvd player. Its a magnovox mwr20v6. The other night i recorded a movie...went to bed. When i came down in the morn it wouldn't turn on. I pried the cd out of it and started looking the thing over. First i should say that when i unhooked the cable wires in the back i got zapped! Any one know why that happened? When i got the top off the fuse was OK. I plug it in, power light turns on as well as the vcr and dvd lights. These lights stay on at the same time which cant be right. All this stays on for bout 1/2 second, then nothing! I thought maybe the cd part was messed up... i tore that apart and found things move through the gears fairly well. Has anyone found an answer to this. I see there are about 300 questions about this very exact problem but no answers. Where is the capacitor? How do i tell if this is good. pics would be wonderful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-23-2012, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by misshaley View Post

Hey, everyone on here appeared very knowledgeable so i will give it a shot. I have this vcr/dvd player. Its a magnovox mwr20v6. The other night i recorded a movie...went to bed. When i came down in the morn it wouldn't turn on. I pried the cd out of it and started looking the thing over. First i should say that when i unhooked the cable wires in the back i got zapped! Any one know why that happened? When i got the top off the fuse was OK. I plug it in, power light turns on as well as the vcr and dvd lights. These lights stay on at the same time which cant be right. All this stays on for bout 1/2 second, then nothing! I thought maybe the cd part was messed up... i tore that apart and found things move through the gears fairly well. Has anyone found an answer to this. I see there are about 300 questions about this very exact problem but no answers. Where is the capacitor? How do i tell if this is good. pics would be wonderful.

Let me guess, the program you recorded was a Timer scheduled program. Following a timer scheduled program you need to press the Timer Set button to regain control of the unit.

Generally, Funai manufactured VHS/DVD combo recorders share this procedure. See page 10 of the MWR20V6 Owner's Manual.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page