Entering 3 digit channels numbers on Panasonic EH50 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-28-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently connected a Panasonic EH50 to my cable box to record TV shows. I had been using it just for transferring VHS tapes to DVD’s for the last few years so it’s been awhile since I used it this way. I went through the TV Guide setup and I can control the cable box and record shows, but for some reason when I go to enter a channel number above 2 digits it will not change properly. For example if I hit 253, it quickly changes to channel 25 and then to 3 right afterwards. If I set the timer to record that channel it will change properly, but I can’t do it manually.

I seem to recall during a previous setup procedure where it asked how I enter channels for my cable box, like 9 would be “09”, etc… up to 4 digits, but I did not get that this time. Am I missing something obvious here? I have another EH50 that works the way I want it to, but don’t see anything different on that one and can’t find anything about it in the manual.

I’m sure one of the fine folks here must remember how to do it, please help.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 57
On page 54 of the manual it describes the RF input setup options. What you are describing is the actions of the machine if setup for ANTENNA MODE rather than CABLETV MODE. I certainly HOPE that;'s the problem, otherwise I can't imagine what else it could be. On page 20 of the manual it indicated that in antenna mode, it only takes a two digit input, but in cableTV mode, it takes three.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #3 of 8 Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Church AV Guy, unfortunately it is set up for CABLE TV mode and not ANTENNA. I guess I can try doing a hard reset and starting the setup all over again, not sure what else to try at this point.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have another EH50 that works the way I want it to, but don’t see anything different on that one and can’t find anything about it in the manual.

At this point, I'm stumped. All I can suggest is you go through the entire setup sub-system, a menu at a time and check that all of the settings on properly working machine are also set the same as in the non-working machine.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #5 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give it a try over the weekend
post #6 of 8 Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Keep us informed, especially if you find the answer.

Luke

post #7 of 8 Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately I didn't find an answer, but the problem seems to have resolved itself. Last night just for the heck of it I decided to enter a 3 digit channel on the remote not expecting any different result than a week ago when I first posted this thread. Much to my amazement it actually changed to the proper channel. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy I tried about 10 other 3 digit channels and it changed properly on all of them. I did not make any changes to the unit from last week that would have changed it's behavior, but I am glad that it's fixed.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

That is a good conclusion, but not a very satisfying answer. frown.gif I would like to have known what happened. this kind of intermittent, flaky problem is not unknown with devices like your EH50. Sigh...

Luke

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page