backfeeding coax or ethernet - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With what wiring can you connect a Model#: MDR533H/F7 in one room to a tv in another room that is connected to a 2160A . I don't want to put both recorders in the same room, but I do want to have the option to play a show recorded in one room onto the tv in the other room. Wall fishing is ok, that is not my problem. I just wanted to know how to "switch" the outgoing feed on the MDR533H/F7 to the wire running the other tv. Is Coax my only option, or can I use a long ethernet, or HDMI cord? Some level of switches is fine, as this will be a once a week thing.

Maybe on the 533, I would have a switchable coax splitter on the coax out to run the recording on a long coax wire to a coax switchable spltter in the other room. That other rooms splitter would be between the 2160a and that rooms tv???

It would be an attic run or perhaps a basement run, but its about 30 feet of wire.

hmmm... can't picture it clearly, any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 132

Assuming you just want to VIEW stuff from the other Mag, you can't use the coax output since nothing internal on the Mag (channels, Menus, Titles, DVDs) are sent thru the coax... it's just a passthru of the incoming signal.

You can use ANY of the other outputs to the TV as are available on that TV.

HDMI doesn't like long runs uinless you get the thicker cable built for longer runs... usually says so in description?

Compoiste YWR or S-Video + LR audio are OK as long as your 53x doesn't have Progressive Scan on... that cuts those outputs off.

Mags don't have ethernet.

post #3 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for replying.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 45

I have no experience using either of these, but I've always wanted to try one out.

http://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-NY-GS3200-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B000GJKV9A/ref=pd_sim_e_2

And I've never seen this before, and it would require a long CAT5 cable run, but might prove more reliable than the wireless transmitter.

http://www.amazon.com/Component-Composite-Digital-Analog-Repeater/dp/B0024IK5FG/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1349019180&sr=8-20&keywords=video+signal+transmitters

Pay attention to the reviews though. If it you not interested in this one, you may be able to find another brand that may perform better.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #5 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 132

Sorry I missed it, but if your question was about controlling the other Mag, see Section 9 here for lots of info on specifically related to Remote Ops with the Mag HDD/DVD recorders.

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page