magnavox 515 dvd tray stuck? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-22-2012, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We've never had this problem. Tonight I went to put a dvd in (like I've done lots of times) and when it got to a certain spot, in this case the fbi warnings page, it started to click and spin over and over. So I went to remove the dvd and when I clicked open, it said open on the display but nothing happened. When I clicked again, it said close. but still nothing. I tried shutting the player off and turning it back on and it was the same. So I just kept on clicking it over and over and finally it opened. I switched to a different player for this disk but I didn't see anything on the disk that would case it to stick or anything. Has anyone had this issue? We've had this unit for well over a year and this hasn't ever happened. I'm a little nervous to even try putting a dvd in again.

magnavox 515H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-22-2012, 05:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 131

Do you regularly push the tray in when loading a disc? Using the tray close/open button (on remote or front of unit) is a much safer option.

If so, you might have dislodged the plastic gear inside or even broken a tooth, which might be easily fixable if you remove the cover and check it out. (Your unit is out of warranty so removing the cover shouldn't hurt.)

See this help file for info on removing the cover and addressing some DVD problems.

post #3 of 3 Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No, I always use the button on the front. I didn't know pushing it was even an option. My unit has an extended warranty so it's still protected by that. I would just have to get something that records (maybe one of the newer models. hehe) to tide us over while I send it in if it keeps happening. I would use the other player all the time but honestly, I hate it (it's a blu ray so I mainly use it for blu ray disks and netflix) and I like the features on the 515.

thanks for the link-that will come in handy if it happens again.

magnavox 515H
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page