convert file from vro to mpg?????? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
trying to convert the vro file that I burned from the panny E80 onto a dvd-ram to edit the home movie.

having a BIG hassle trying to find a program to do this.
have purchased aura4you audio video convertor it will only convert 10 minutes of the video,, also tried freemake , still no go.

what can you suggest of a convertor that will work??

i do not want to purchase a $100 program like tmpeng.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post

trying to convert the vro file that I burned from the panny E80 onto a dvd-ram to edit the home movie.

have purchased aura4you audio video convertor it will only convert 10 minutes of the video,, also tried freemake , still no go.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

please?

Your pc, of course, must be RAM compatible. You can use the trial version of VideoRedo to edit, create a dvd, and burn to -R.

http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm

Umm...you could edit the program on the E80, unless, you want a more refined dvd menu for the final product.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #3 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

HELP!!!!!!!!!

please?

This forum is really for discussion of stand-alone DVD recorders, modern replacements for the old VCR.

You're talking computer programs and such, and that's really a different subject entirely.

What I'd suggest is that you go to the website www.videohelp.com and check out their forums. If you can't find anything already posted that'll help you, you could join and post a message. Those guys are REAL helpful with finding the right program to do this or that, and they have a large membership so there's usually someone who can help you.

There's also a lot of freeware out there they provide links to. Some of it may do exactly what you need.
post #4 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

Your pc, of course, must be RAM compatible. You can use the trial version of VideoRedo to edit, create a dvd, and burn to -R.

Umm...you could edit the program on the E80, unless, you want a more refined dvd menu for the final product.

have it edited the way I want it.
what i NEED us to add music, and that is the problem, none of those programs will read a vro program

will the program you suggest convert the whole 58 minutes? or is it just a trial that does part?
post #5 of 12 Old 10-22-2012, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post

This forum is really for discussion of stand-alone DVD recorders, modern replacements for the old VCR.
You're talking computer programs and such, and that's really a different subject entirely.
What I'd suggest is that you go to the website www.videohelp.com and check out their forums. If you can't find anything already posted that'll help you, you could join and post a message. Those guys are REAL helpful with finding the right program to do this or that, and they have a large membership so there's usually someone who can help you.
There's also a lot of freeware out there they provide links to. Some of it may do exactly what you need.

thank you smile.gif

I just needed a push to get some answers, (there have been some threads on this board that does mention conversion)
anyway I have spent literally days looking for a program that works!
searching , just any straw of threads on the internet, that have some kind of answer.
I am getting tired of downloading programs that say they will work & then don't.

(& I thought I'd start IN this forum since the .vro was made from my hdd recorder <<panasonic e80h>> , I figured some of you would know what I was talking about. the file dubbed from the hdd onto the dvd-ram is only in .vro, my computer will not read a dubbed dvd-r only the dvd-ram)
post #6 of 12 Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

have it edited the way I want it.
what i NEED us to add music, and that is the problem, none of those programs will read a vro program

will the program you suggest convert the whole 58 minutes? or is it just a trial that does part?

As far as I can recall, VideoRedo doesn't allow altering the soundtrack when editing.

I have an older version of a program called TMPG DVD Author which allows you to replace the soundtrack when creating either a DVD Video or Divx file. The program accepts DVD-RAM discs and vro format recordings for editing. Their site features an updated editing software called ''Video Mastering Works'', and the video on the site features the same capability. But I don't know how extensive your audio additions are/need to be. If you can create a separate audio file that is the exact length of the video you want to convert, then you'd be able to get what you want done out of this program.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5.html

The free trial will leave a watermark on the completed file (at the beginning and the end).

They're not com-tastic!
post #7 of 12 Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 338
@muffyn

I don't see how you are going to find anything freeware that will do what you want -- especially when it comes to replacing or layering the audio stream. The programs I've seen or used in the past that work on RAM based .vro files all cost $$. There is a possibility for you. .vro files are just MPEG-2 files. If you start with a fully erased RAM disk and record onto it a single title, I have in the past (with Panasonic E85) just renamed the extension from .vro to .mpg and had it successfully opened by an editing program. If the RAM disk is not fully erased you run the risk of video segments being out of order since RAM's are natively Random Access Memory/Media.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #8 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
I only use a computer to recover unfinalized DVDs that will not finalize, so my question might seem inexperienced:

Why not use a DVD-R instead of a DVD-RAM to get the video content off the E80? Wouldn't the result be a mpg and not vro?

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #9 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 338
I guess the simple answer is that RAM's are reusable whereas DVD-R are not. I used RAM's with my E85 because, like the E80, it had no DVD-RW capability. Otherwise I would have used DVD-RW and worked with DVD-Video formatted disks -- much more straight forward.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #10 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post

I only use a computer to recover unfinalized DVDs that will not finalize, so my question might seem inexperienced:
Why not use a DVD-R instead of a DVD-RAM to get the video content off the E80? Wouldn't the result be a mpg and not vro?

my computer will not even recognize a burned dvd-r from the panasonic, so can't get any of those files to work with.
but it wil read the dvd-ram.

so, I dunno.....
post #11 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil View Post

my computer will not even recognize a burned dvd-r from the panasonic, so can't get any of those files to work with.
but it wil read the dvd-ram.

so, I dunno.....

This has to be asked..are you sure those dvd-r discs were finalized? Just checking.

They're not com-tastic!
post #12 of 12 Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

This has to be asked..are you sure those dvd-r discs were finalized? Just checking.

lol I see you guys ask this a lot.
yup they are finalized, I have 3 other dvd players (even a blue ray one) & the discs play just fine on them/
my computer doesn't like them mad.gif
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page