Dubbing from HDD to DVD...(Hey Wajo!!) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I didn't see this mentioned, but kinda got the idea it can't be done.

When dubbing from the HDD to a DVD, is it possible to PAUSE the recording.

Example: I have 5 titles to dub from HDD to DVD. Instead of having 5 separate titles, I'd like to

have one recording of the 5 titles. I saw you could STOP the dubbing, but I didn't see anything

mentioned about whether we could pause or not. Would be nice...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134

Can't Pause when using the internal drives and dubbing menu.

You can play from Mag to external DVD player/recorder and Pause that recorder to get one long title. Best PQ is from HSD with internal drives, but I don't think you'll notice a quality diff. with ext. copying IF the original titles are from a digital/HD channel and Rec Mode was SP or HQ (test to be sure beforehand).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 7 Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

That's what I thought.

Thanks
post #4 of 7 Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB84 View Post

I didn't see this mentioned, but kinda got the idea it can't be done.

When dubbing from the HDD to a DVD, is it possible to PAUSE the recording.

Example: I have 5 titles to dub from HDD to DVD. Instead of having 5 separate titles, I'd like to

have one recording of the 5 titles. I saw you could STOP the dubbing, but I didn't see anything

mentioned about whether we could pause or not. Would be nice...

Thanks

What you are asking, combining multiple titles into a single title for high speed dubbing to optical media, is trivial with a Panasonic HDD DVD recorder, but not with the Mag HDD recorders. Even with the Panasonic, some restrictions apply that would prevent a high speed copy (lossless) but if you followed the "rules" it could easily be donw with playlists.

Yeah, I know, it doesn't help you a bit. frown.gif I just thought I'd mention it. rolleyes.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #5 of 7 Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Actually I didn't mention anything about an HSD. But in general you are correct, it doesn't help me a bit.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-16-2012, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB84 View Post

Actually I didn't mention anything about an HSD. But in general you are correct, it doesn't help me a bit.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't completely clear on your request. As wajo has already said, the only way I can see of doing what you want is to play back each of the titles with your Mag while simultaneously recording the playback onto another machine, pausing THAT recorder between titles, thus making one title consisting of the original five. That probably doesn't help you much either unless you have access to another recorder.

A longer way around this would be to make a DVD with the five individual titles (HSD so no loss), then play that disk back on any old DVD player while recording it (again) on your Mag into a single title. You could then either pause the recording between titles, or edit the short title-change-over bits out of the recording making a single title consisting of the original five. There will be a loss of quality. Whether that's a significant loss of quality is of course, up to your eyes.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #7 of 7 Old 11-16-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yep. That's all true. I have other VCR's and another older mag. dvd recorder, but really didn't want to record...record...record if possible. I'll have to waste a few dvd's to see what the quality loss is I suppose. Thanks anyways.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page