Magnavox MDR515H - Help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my Magnavox MDR515H for a few years and love it. But recently whenever I record, whether to hard drive or DVD, the sound is really low. Previous recordings, whether on the hard drive or DVD, are fine. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 142

Check your Channel > TV Audio Select menu and make sure its on "STEREO."

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Not sure exactly what you mean.....cannot find any menu where I can select 'stereo'. But I think it is on 'stereo' by default.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

In the Channel menu

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I think you got it! Just made sure it said stereo, did a brief record to the hard drive, and the sound is much better!

Now, one more question, if you won't mind. Do you have any idea what code I can use to program my remote for the DVR? I found a code which turns the power on/off, and play/pause/stop/FF etc. But this code does not give me 'volume control' functionality, or mute functionality. Any ideas?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

I mean my cable company remote....
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

See this help file on a Philips 7-Device Universal Remote that works great with our DVDRs AND can control your cable box as well.

You might see if any of those codes work with the cableco remote... it's all I got to offer.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

I'll give it a shot.

Thank you for all your help......you've been a lifesaver!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Yes, some codes may work.

You can try 30646 which may give you much of the functionalities, in my case the Channel +/- did not work but I got most of the remainder.

Otherwise, I just find out half an hour ago by reading my Onkyo AVR and Magnavox manuals that the MDR515H is an HDMI CEC compliant (or RIDH compliant) device.
That is why some specific dedicated BlurayDisc (BD) and DVD codes may also work.
These are general RIDH codes for any brands of DVD and BD players that are RIHD, and that may or may not work depending if your own device is RIHD or HDMI CEC compliant.
Here you go:
32910, 33101,33501 or 31612.
If none of these work, I am sorry, I have shared my best.

An saddly, don't expect any help from magnavox/funaiservice; I think that their recent association with amazon has turned the servoice department into diarrhea mode. Saddly, the amazon effect is the same anywhere, it appears, it kills anything it touches...

PS: You won't find any code, I believe, that will give you volume or mute control because the Magnavox Remote itself does not have a volume or mute on it.

Take care,

Denys

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner