Panasonic dmr ez28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
:eek:I have a penny dmr ez28. I went to record a tv football game and the unit turned on then would not open. There was a disc in the unit not finalized. I wanted to put in a blank so I could record th whole game. The unie would not open. I unplugged it and when I pluged back in it went through the test and I was able to get the disc out. But now the display flashes the number 100107 then says no disc. I went through the trouble shoot in the manual and no success. What should I do? I love this unit.

Update unplugged the unit and let it set. Went through the trouble shoot. Now can play a recorded DVD. Tried to do a firmware update but no success, unit states cd not comparable. Still can not change channels frozen on 100-110 tried to do a reset pressed the little reset button and do a new setup but it won't.
Reset and channels won't reprogram, but the unit will play a disc. What now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello send me a PM I can repair this for you.

MickinCT
post #3 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you
What do you need from me?

Chet Wajda
post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Wejda, I would remove your cell and email from the above post(click the edit icon in your post, looks like a pencil) then hover over mickinct's name(on the left side of his post) and lastly select send PM).
It's generally not a good idea to post things like phone numbers and emails in a general forum, you always have the possibility of spam and such smile.gif
As most people would attest mickinct(mick in CT wink.gif) is very reputable and your best bet for fixing what you described. Your next best alternative would be to try and find a used EZ-28 on somewhere like Craigslist.org but then you don't always know how long a used recorder will last either(although more than likely it will last for a long time). Note Panasonic DVDRs aren't as easy to find as they used to be, for sure the HDD and EZ models. Probably the most painful thing about having Mick fix your DVDR would be the shipping to CT, somewhere between $20-30 I'd guess, one way. If you lived at all near CT that would be the handiest.
Note you can also update your profile to show your general city and state, makes troubleshooting and options easier to give at times. Of course don't include your actual street address.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-25-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks I was trying to pm the message. All fixed now.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Update unplugged the unit and let it set. Went through the trouble shoot. Now can play a recorded DVD. Tried to do a firmware update but no success, unit states cd not comparable. Still can not change channels frozen on 100-110 tried to do a reset pressed the little reset button and do a new setup but it won't.
Reset and channels won't reprogram, but the unit will play a disc. What now?
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page